• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just saying hi and sharing something

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
I saw this yesterday on Facebook and we had a huge conversation with the group we have there from the TRS members from long time.

Just wanted to stop and say hi to all the good fellas and Jim
This truck was the best of my TRS years and hopefully I will be back in a Ranger and Jim will build another badass truck

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
Hey. I haven't had a ranger in 5 years but I'm will be looking to get back in the ranger game soon:icon_cheers::icon_cheers:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
....I miss that truck.....

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
The link doesn't work for me...but I miss mine too...

I would love to get back into a Ranger some day...not possible right now...seats are too low for me and found I needed tilt steering and extended cab to just sit in one.

Maybe when they bring the new ones out they will have a bit more room...but even the F150 seats were a challenge to get into...

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
I saw this yesterday on Facebook and we had a huge conversation with the group we have there from the TRS members from long time.

Just wanted to stop and say hi to all the good fellas and Jim
This truck was the best of my TRS years and hopefully I will be back in a Ranger and Jim will build another badass truck

The link doesn't work for me...but I miss mine too...

I would love to get back into a Ranger some day...not possible right now...seats are too low for me and found I needed tilt steering and extended cab to just sit in one.

Maybe when they bring the new ones out they will have a bit more room...but even the F150 seats were a challenge to get into...

You got rid of yours?

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
You got rid of yours?
Yes, it was a 4 banger with a manual transmission and my current needs are an automatic transmission (can't drive a standard anymore). I searched around for two months and could not find an auto transmission with less than 200,000 km and I had just swapped in the 2.5...didn't want to have to do another engine/transmission swap because I didn't have the space or tools for it anymore...

I looked at other Rangers but they were too cramped for my needs so with the help of my brother I bought a 2007 Dodge Grand Caravan...it was more like Five Grand Caravan but they wouldn't change the name for me...:)

Ranger Sport Honduras

Zoom Zoom
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mitsubishi/Ford
Engine Size
3.0/2.3
My credo
Fortune Favors the Brave
I remember you had a gen 1 but didnt knew you got rid of it
Youll get another one, youll see

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Oh, I'm sure of that...some day soon, hopefully...there are still plenty of good ones around that just need a driver and not a nurse...:)

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
Facebook is killing enthusiast websites like this.
Not for me, TRS is a huge wealth of information. I wish I knew about it back in 2003 when I sold my 1984 Ford Ranger due to the TFI issues and computer issues with the carburetor. If I knew about being able to bypass the computer with a Duraspark setup and knew about the heat issues with the TFI I'd still have that truck. I miss it more now because it belonged to my grandparents from new in 1984 until 2001, it was my graduation gift. My grandmother passed away the following year while I was in basic training, and I sold the truck in 2003 due to the computer/TFI issues.

I ran across this forum by accident one day because I had started researching why my 84 Ranger had the issues it had...top link on google at the time was a link to the Duraspark swap here on TRS.

Facebook is nice for the TRS site, but its not really frequently used and not near as useful as this forum.

I've had a few RBV's.

1984 Ford Ranger XL 4x2 2.8L V6, automatic
1993 Ford Ranger XLT 4x4 4.0L V6, automatic
1984 Ford Bronco 2 XL 4x4 2.8L V6, 5 speed
1988 Ford Bronco 2 EB 4x4 2.9L V6, automatic

Love the Rangers and Bronco 2s and I really don't think my 88 B2 is going to leave me anytime soon. Its pretty much my DD now and I'm slowly going through it and fixing things up as I have the money and time. Coming up soon is a radiator replacement thermostat and I'm thinking water pump while I'm in there although it looks like someone has already done that so I may put off the water pump for a while, but doing all new belts, hoses too. Thinking about installing the garden hose flush kit in the heater hose like I had in my 99 Dodge Ram, that made it nice doing coolant changes and flushing the system.

BLOODBANE

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORDFORD
Engine Size
347, 4.oh
Transmission
Automatic
Facebook is killing enthusiast websites like this.
I dont know Jim. The people that know about TRS, use it. Im on another FB Ranger page, and it just came up if we were on TRS and what our screen names were. There were quite a few on that page that were members here. I push TRS a lot. Another Explorer owner here is also a member on ZuksOffRoad (Samurai based site). Its a great site (TRS), with tons of info. The drama is not terrible, and most folks can find the answer they are looking for. New Ranger owners can come and post and not get flamed back into the stoneage, either.

wildbill23c

U.S. Military - Veteran
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
Total Drop
Tire Size
215/70-R14
My credo
19K, 19D, 92Y, 88M, 91F....OIF-III (2004-2005)
I'm a member of TRS of course along with the broncoiicorral.com which is attached to TRS. Tundratalk.net, garagejournal. By far TRS has the greatest collection of a library I've ever seen on any forum and TRS members are quick to jump in and answer questions, even if they've been ran into the ground previously, or at least link to the previous thread concerning that particular question or problem.

Plus there are several Ford service techs around this forum who have turned a wrench once or twice and can answer pretty much anything it seems like, you don't find this type of knowledge very often.

I don't care what that voting site says about the top 4WD or vehicle forum is. TRS is the top.

Jim Oaks

Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
My issue with Facebook is people going there looking for answers to a problem. It's then lost. I don't think I've ever Googled a question, and found a link to an answer on a Facebook page. I created TRS to gather and share information with Ranger owners. But Facebook is making it difficult. And as far as flaming goes, we've been really good about keeping that to a minimum.

griz700rocket

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
This forum is an amazing wealth of information with a lot of great people who contribute. The only other forum I've seen that compares to here is powerstroke army. Over there it's getting to be a little worse with the flaming and useless posts but still great compared to most places.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals