• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Finally, my official project truck

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Cool, That is good information.

I'd ike to have a blown Classic Bronco with Exploder engine. The shorter explorer engine fits well in the classic Bronco. I ran a Kenne Bell on a full size Bronco and then on an F150 both with GT40 lower. The bronc I stroked out to 393 and it was a major stump puller and rock crawler. I was able to get the blower off ebay and it was made for a Lightning. They are hard to find now and I should never have sold it.

12lbs of boost will require cooling or it will predetonate on pump gas.

Yeah Blown.. Ill run a Snow kit on it. I have the adapter plate plans figured out.. Ill have a local welder tig it all together then Ill have the bottom and top surfaced so its flat.. It won't be to bad once I get it all going. In going to just run a 03-04. Stock cobra blower.. They are cheap!

Last edited:

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
By the way.. Which mounts are you guys using on the 98+ 2wd trucks?

monstermazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
Is that 99 3.0l from mayflower looks familiar

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
By the way.. Which mounts are you guys using on the 98+ 2wd trucks?
The stock 99 3.0 mounts will work fine, just pull the spacer on the driver side and drill a new hole in the frame for the guide pin.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Is that 99 3.0l from mayflower looks familiar

I don't know where Mayflower is.. But this truck has been in the Florida Panhandle its entire life. Its final resting place will be Missouri as of tomorrow morning.

monstermazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
I just seen one identical in my area for sale same amount but have fun with the v8 swap. I just got done doing an s10 v8 swap. If you don't have a 302 yet find one get the newer block they are roller motors and have gt40p head if you don't want to spend some extra cash on parts. Like 96 to 01 explores and mercury.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I just seen one identical in my area for sale same amount but have fun with the v8 swap. I just got done doing an s10 v8 swap. If you don't have a 302 yet find one get the newer block they are roller motors and have gt40p head if you don't want to spend some extra cash on parts. Like 96 to 01 explores and mercury.

Oh gotcha. Yeah I have researched and read on this ranger business awhile before I decided to do it. J's black ranger on here pushed me over the edge..:icon_hornsup: but thanks for the pointers

I have built at least 20 or more v8 s10's and owned about 50 or more of them. Last one was a 600hp race gas guzzling short rod 383 small block in a 87 blazer. It went 6:20's on motor (8th mile). S10's are cool and I still like them and always will but I'm done building them. This will be "my" last project for me. In in my 40's now and justTo busy in lifej with work ..:popcorn: I still love to play and race though and I do!!

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Well the U-ship driver dropped my truck off little bit ago.. and the fun begins! It even has power mirrors!! Absolutly rust free and only a couple dings.. stay tuned!

Last edited:

monstermazda

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
3.0l
Transmission
Manual
You keep the efi on it or going aftermarket system

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Truck will have an EFI 331 with a 5 speed. Was going to mount an Eaton M112 blower on it but after talking to several who had done that..they are only getting 4-6 lbs of boost. That's not enough for where I want to be. So it will be on the bottle.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Did manage to get the old carpet and seats out.. man it was funky!! Hahahaa Which brings me to my next question. . Where are you guys getting the carpet that has the padding and silver heat blocker that is on the back of the carpet from?

Got it pulled in the driveway next to my F350 4x4 4 door long bed powerstroke..until I get a spot cleaned out of my garage.. then it begins!!

Last edited:

Jbrown1238

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My credo
None
I see you found the company that offers the 28 oz balancer. I talked to them a couple years ago but decided against it just because of cost and immediate availability. That was a personal decision based on my overall purpose for the truck. If it were not going to be a daily driven work truck I would have most certainly gone with their custom balancer and the 331 option. So I will be following close along to see how you make out with this intersting combination.

Have you decided on the rotating assembly? If not may I recommend the Scat cast steel crank and the Scat Forged Ibeam Rods? That is if you feel the cast steel crank is going to be enough for your application. I used their rods and was very impressed with the quality. They all weighed out to within .5 grams of each other straight out of the box before any balancing was done.

Are you going to use a main girdle? If so I will also be watching to see what pieces you use with it, oil pan, fasteners, pick up tube, etc. I am curious what pieces will work together but not interfere pan clearance and so forth.

Junglejoe

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I see you found the company that offers the 28 oz balancer. I talked to them a couple years ago but decided against it just because of cost and immediate availability. That was a personal decision based on my overall purpose for the truck. If it were not going to be a daily driven work truck I would have most certainly gone with their custom balancer and the 331 option. So I will be following close along to see how you make out with this intersting combination.

Have you decided on the rotating assembly? If not may I recommend the Scat cast steel crank and the Scat Forged Ibeam Rods? That is if you feel the cast steel crank is going to be enough for your application. I used their rods and was very impressed with the quality. They all weighed out to within .5 grams of each other straight out of the box before any balancing was done.

Are you going to use a main girdle? If so I will also be watching to see what pieces you use with it, oil pan, fasteners, pick up tube, etc. I am curious what pieces will work together but not interfere pan clearance and so forth.
Yes after reading and searching, I found them. Sombody might have sent me the link and that's how I found them.

Heck yeah Jeff.. offer all the advice tou want, the more info I can find out on what is good and not.. the better I'll be.
On the main girdle.. not sure about that yet. It would be good for extra insurance or if I decide to try a big hit of the gas. I REALLY wanted to mount that Eaton M112. For the amount of boost I wanted to be at, it's just not a smart choice to use that blower. I don't plan on making enough to split the block and then if I was making that kind of power, I honestly don't think it would be good for an everyday sit in rush hour traffic truck with the ac on. Just my opinion. Coming from building s-10's, that was the number one problem I ran it with big horsepower motors, overheating. I tried everything under the sun to keep them cool sitting in traffic. . They would not stay cool. Engine compartment in these truck are just to little I think with this ranger I'm only going to run a little over 9.5:1 compression, good little nitrous cam and AFR heads. I refuse to give up my ac!! HAHAHAAA.. My truck is the twin to yours,except white. In fact.. you're the reason behind this ..I seen your truck and said that's it.. I got to gave me one of those!!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals