• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

baby Blue

dietdewman1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have been a member for a while. I really like Rangers. I currently have a 84 5 speed 2.0 just getting ready too turn 100k miles. I'm the 2nd owner. Anyway, I am in search of a very specifc ranger a 1986 baby blue 2.3 5 speed. Please bear with me. Little back ground. I had one several years ago, along with an explorer. My daughter, Tiffany, loved taking it to the hospital for her chemo treaments and hospital stays, she was diagnosed with leukemia. She would throw a fit if I drove anything else. Anyway, she died in 2006 at 5 years old. The truck held special memories of her and I and our trips to the hospital. I would still have it, but her older brother totalled in a few years ago. That's why I would like to find one. Thanks for reading my story. I live in KY and retired from the Army in 2007.

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
A very touching story...sorry to hear Tiffany didn't grow to enjoy driving the Ranger herself. My first Ranger was sort of the Baby Blue color you had and it was a 5 speed (88 had the M5OD transmission)...I think it had a blue interior too...

I've seen quite a few around over the years (mine was built in Kentucky), but they are getting harder to find...especially with that engine configuration...but many were made from what I've read...

Maybe go proactive like you did here with ads in papers or CL...if you haven't already tried that approach. There is a Buy and Sell section on this site that you can post in also...those ads start out with "WANTED" or something similar...

Happy Hunting...I would offer to keep an eye on things this side of the border...but the cost would probably be prohibitive to get it down there...but let me know if that works for you...we have Kijiji here in Ontario...it's like CL but better...more organized and easier to read site.

dietdewman1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Thanks for the reply. Ihad thought about painting the red one I have now, but I would have to change the interior too. I will post a wanted post on Craigslist. I looked at your kijii site, but it was in french, so I was out of luck. Thanks again. Doug

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear

chvlfrk

December 2010 STOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger XLT 5.0L
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
5.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Tire Size
235/70R15 front / 275/60R15 rear
Kinda of a tease>>>

=======================
I stopped by today & took some pics of this lil' 1st Gen Ranger:

Unfortunately, its "not For Sale" at the moment, the guy that owns the lot has had if for quite a few years, and just uses it as advertisement.

SORRY!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals