• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Just ordered my parts for my build

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Wow...I got sidetracked on the cost of the parts alone...counted over a grand approximately...not including any applicable taxes...

I'm not really up on current parts and what is best but I used to build systems years ago and gave up because most people preferred the boxed items from name brand stores...or the cheaper cousins...

Judging by the graphics and RAM, would saying you are going to play games be an under statement?

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Wow...I got sidetracked on the cost of the parts alone...counted over a grand approximately...not including any applicable taxes...

I'm not really up on current parts and what is best but I used to build systems years ago and gave up because most people preferred the boxed items from name brand stores...or the cheaper cousins...

Judging by the graphics and RAM, would saying you are going to play games be an under statement?
Yeah it is pricey.. in about a month ill be spending more money for an ssd, and maybe more ram. Yes I'm going to be playing games! I'm excited for elder scrolls online to come out.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it is pricey.. in about a month ill be spending more money for an ssd, and maybe more ram. Yes I'm going to be playing games! I'm excited for elder scrolls online to come out.
you don't really need more than 8gb, use the money elsewhere.

and yeah computers are expensive, 800 is pretty much the cheapest you can get. i was going to build amd though, cheaper for the same power. i was going to build one but i decided against it, as i don't have the money to waste and mine is fine for the games i play ( no lag in league and that's about all i use it for)

Lil-Pony

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Take a Guess
Engine Size
2.8 soon to be 4bt
Transmission
Automatic
you don't really need more than 8gb, use the money elsewhere.

and yeah computers are expensive, 800 is pretty much the cheapest you can get. i was going to build amd though, cheaper for the same power. i was going to build one but i decided against it, as i don't have the money to waste and mine is fine for the games i play ( no lag in league and that's about all i use it for)
8gb is really all you need but hey when the board supports 16 or even 32 in rare cases might as well max it.

Jraymer360

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
8gb is really all you need but hey when the board supports 16 or even 32 in rare cases might as well max it.
well that should be the last thing you do, why waste the money now when he can spend it on other upgrades.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
get a SSD.
Nah, skip that, they aren't there yet. My brother just bought one and has had hell with it. Everything looks good, i might have sprung for an i7 but that's me, also i would have went with a more "name brand" mother board, like Asus, gigabyte or something like that, also know that cpu cooler is physically big. Other than that, it looks solid. Shouldn't have to worry about performance for atleast 3 years.

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Nah, skip that, they aren't there yet. My brother just bought one and has had hell with it. Everything looks good, i might have sprung for an i7 but that's me, also i would have went with a more "name brand" mother board, like Asus, gigabyte or something like that, also know that cpu cooler is physically big. Other than that, it looks solid. Shouldn't have to worry about performance for atleast 3 years.
The ASrock was the highest rated mother board on newegg... Im not rendering or anything and dont need the extra cores for the i7. My case is big enough to house everything including the cpu cooler.

Twister

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1985 1987
Make / Model
Duh
Engine Size
5.0L, 2.9L
Transmission
Manual
The ASrock was the highest rated mother board on newegg... Im not rendering or anything and dont need the extra cores for the i7. My case is big enough to house everything including the cpu cooler.
Then you should good to go. If I was to ever build a comp it would be over the top, that's what I was basing my suggestions on. Good luck

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well I got it all put together, and it runs like a champ! Ultra fast, no complaints and with (3) 140 mm, (3) 120 mm and my 120 mm heat sync this thing is ice cold to the touch!

Mark_88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Dordge
Engine Size
3.3 Fuel Injected
Transmission
Automatic
My credo
Love Thy Neighbor
Well, I use mine as a heater in winter so that's out for me...:)

good to hear it all works well...:icon_thumby:

Ryannn

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Well the original hard drive took a crap! So I got a 120 gb SSD and another 250 GB HDD! all is well!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals