• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2011 Ford ranger buildup

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I'm back with a new ranger! 2011 Ford Ranger 4x2 sport.
4.0L V6
5spd
Oxford white
11kms
and posi :O

I've had it for 2 days now...
Its currently in getting a new lightning style exhaust put on it...
But the shop screwed up BIG TIME. the new worker there somehow.. just SOMEHOW managed to cut my damned drive-shaft thinking it was the exhaust pipe!!! ... So I will not see it for 3 days, but they are replacing the drive-shaft with a brand new one free of charge and free of labour. as well as my exhaust labour. still not too happy about it. The muffler I got is a single in dual out 2.5" flow-master 40 with chrome burnt tips. I also bought a brand new set of 32x11x15" BFgoodrich Allterrains for it. Probably this weekend I'll be cranking the T-bars and putting them on.
I don't have a picture of the actual truck currently, but i found this one on the internet.

Also, I'm debating on putting a chrome 2005 Style grille on it, and the older less bulky fender-flares that will be color matched to the body. [sound good or no?] I'm not a super huge fan of the grille or fender flares, but it was the last 5speed truck on the ford lot :annoyed:

SeanWilson

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How the hell does one confuse a driveline for a exhaust pipe?:icon_confused:

InsaneRedRooster

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Thats the craziest screw up I've ever heard of.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk 2

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
How the hell does one confuse a driveline for a exhaust pipe?:icon_confused:
That I do not know.. But I'm not happy with it at all! But they're replacing it with a brand new one for free, and not charging me any of the labour, just the materials for the pipes ... 3 days I have to wait , Also what are some good cheap deep offset rims?
I was thinking these ones?

My father is willing to pay up to $300 since he wants my old tires :icon_bounceblue:

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15
Drive shaft vs exhaust pipe.

Wow!! I thought some of the people I've worked with were dumb.

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
Can't wait to see pictures!

There's a lot of drug busts going on in CB maybe that has something to do with the guy cutting the drive shaft haha.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Can't wait to see pictures!

There's a lot of drug busts going on in CB maybe that has something to do with the guy cutting the drive shaft haha.
haha yup, still very ticked off about it.. and I just found out he put my truck outside with my 4 brand new 32x11.50x15 BFgoodrichs in the back :annoyed: And in New Waterford anybody will take what they like. So I sent a good friend of mine down to take them up to his house until the truck is fixed, so they're not just sitting there waiting to be taken. Also, any suggestions on rims in the $300 range? have to be 15" preferably with a offset to push the tires out some.

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
1. wow that guy is DUMB
2. I like the white colormatched stuff and the stock wheels, if it has the ones in the pic.

I think leveled out with some 32's, with nice exhaust, and it'll be one sexy ranger. I think the black d-window rims are overplayed.. you should get something not so, overused now.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
1. wow that guy is DUMB
2. I like the white colormatched stuff and the stock wheels, if it has the ones in the pic.

I think leveled out with some 32's, with nice exhaust, and it'll be one sexy ranger. I think the black d-window rims are overplayed.. you should get something not so, overused now.
Well, my step-father wants to get my old rims & tires off me.. he said he'll help me get new ones for my truck.. so for a set of these brand new, is $520

Plus they have a nice deep offset. So I think I'll get them

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
I like those a lot more(not that my opinion matters for your truck tho lol)... I like the black and chrome. I have the ProComp 8089's.. got them from 4wheelparts on sell for less than $115 a piece. wish I could get that deal again for a spare rim lol

K.Strong

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Toyota
Engine Size
4L
Transmission
Manual
These are what I want for my truck.

Are there any good trail up in CB? Its been years since I've been there but I would imagine there could be some sweet stuff.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
These are what I want for my truck.

Are there any good trail up in CB? Its been years since I've been there but I would imagine there could be some sweet stuff.
Theres some good trails around sydney, most of the stuff where all the mud-runners go is out by st. peters along the pole line. I'd never take my new truck into the trails around here.. they're too tight. [but doesent mean i wont do a little bit around the gravel pits and fire-roads]
Thats what this is for! :thefinger:

1978 Chevy K10 stepside. 305V8 turbo 350, NP205, 3:08 gears front locker, 33"s and dual straight pipes lol

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well, I got my truck back 2 days ago. the owner of the garage STILL wants me to pay for the exhaust >.>; after all the damage he caused, not the mention the in convenience of not having a vehicle... I also had my 32"s mounted to the rims I bought, just to find out the side wall in one has a HUGE bulge .so I'll be going in Tuesday to order a new one. And ontop of that I found out that cranking my T-bars will void my warranty? D: and having the 32"s on it will to :( so I'm thinking. do it anyways, and when the truck hits almost 8000kms [first service] Put the stock tires on and un-crank the T-bars. I also put two of the 32"s and rims on the back just to see if they'd rub. nope! Also drives 100000 times smoother with them on! cant wait to get all 4 on. [The rims i settled on was american racing bajas]

4.0B2

Supporting Member
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 v6
Transmission
Automatic
they only "warranty" it SHOULD void is whatever breaks as a response to the mods you did... so if cranking your t-bars causes you to break one, then it won't be covered..
but stuff that it doesn't effect shouldn't be voided... go demand to see it in writing that it'll void your warranty... I know that Jeeps are like this.. if you lift it with anything other than a mopar lift (rebadged AEV, i think) you void the warranty on parts that lift changes or effects.

idk for sure tho... but that's the way it usually is when you dig in and find more details.

so 32's would probably make stuff like your balljoints not under warranty... axles, or whatever.

shane96ranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997 / 1989
Make / Model
Ford F150-Stang
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.6 Triton / 5.0
Mistaking a driveline for an exhaust pipe...... That deserves a Darwin award nomination.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals