• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My new ANTI-Jeep decal-must see!

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
the jeep owners thing is mostly true. but there are some that are normal nice people. some think their shit doesnt stink, others are pretty down to earth. thats like 85% of diesel owners. 99.9% of diesel owners with stacks. there are some ranger owners ive met that have the mentalitly that youre speaking of as well.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
if jeeps are so bad ass then why are they always being upgraded with better parts form Ford, Dodge, and Chevy?

My problem is not with jeeps but jeep owners .... most jeep owners remind me of hybrid owners.
Those Ford, Dodge, and Chevy parts were also used in Jeep vehicles. They are more commonly known as Dana parts.
...and most of those haven't been produced in 20 years, anyway, so it doesn't count toward Ford or Chevy in current production.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Those Ford, Dodge, and Chevy parts were also used in Jeep vehicles. They are more commonly known as Dana parts.
...and most of those haven't been produced in 20 years, anyway, so it doesn't count toward Ford or Chevy in current production.
well, the most common axle swap for a jeep is a ford 8.8 lol.

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
I'll agree that some Jeep owners think they're mac daddies. I generally like to ask whether they're running selectable lockers and if they have "built" JKs but no dirty residue on the axles I'll ask how they like the ESC when on the trails.

"It's great."

(ESC is automatically disengaged in 4LO)

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
almost forgot about the ford 9" and gm 14 bolt is also a common swap huge tires. lol. but i wouldnt mind having a gm 14 bolt under my truck, if i was running huge tires and a v8

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
It's a common swap, sure, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the most common. I was thinking more along the lines of big boy axles- one tons, if you will.

That said, I have a 8.8 waiting to go into my wife's TJ. Hehe

I've honestly been considering doing a HP D44 / 9" combo on my JKU.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
the jeep owners thing is mostly true. but there are some that are normal nice people. some think their shit doesnt stink, others are pretty down to earth. thats like 85% of diesel owners. 99.9% of diesel owners with stacks. there are some ranger owners ive met that have the mentalitly that youre speaking of as well.
I'll agree with that........ specially on the diesel tuner crowd ...... as bad as import tuners .........

first time you break a clip on a D35 then you look for an explorer axle real quick..................

never seen a jeep (CJ and cousins) come stock on a full float 60, a sterling 10.25, or a full float corp 14bolt

doesn't matter who built the parts ......... it matters who used what parts. Dana also built the huge mistake of the D35 rear axle.

Last edited:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i edited my post right before your post. but i bet that the 8.8 is by far the most common swap hands down. there are a lot more mild built jeeps with 8.8s as compared to say a dana 60

Freshmeat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
never seen a jeep (CJ and cousins) come stock on a full float 60, a sterling 10.25, or a full float corp 14bolt
Never saw a Bronco or Ranger with them, either.
J20 and possibly others I don't know about had one ton axles, I'm pretty sure.

The D35 is a good axle for what it is. Just like plastic bumpers are great for most Jeep owners. Only probably 5% of Jeeps get wheeled anyway.

...and at least Jeep (finally) stepped up the game and went to D44 rears across the board.

At this point I think I'm arguing to argue. I'm exhausted, liquored up, and IDGAF. You guys have a good night. I'm gonna go see if my wife is still awake. :icon_bounceblue:

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, the 35 is rediculous to put under a vehicle they know from the factory is going to have bigger tires put on it. the dana 44's are way better, but they are still cast aluminum 44's.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would vote 9".

I haven't seen another 8.8 swap aside from mine, 9"ers are everywhere though. Not really sure why, JY's are full of dead and dying Explorers...

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I would vote 9".

I haven't seen another 8.8 swap aside from mine, 9"ers are everywhere though. Not really sure why, JY's are full of dead and dying Explorers...
if you havent seen a jeep with an 8.8, you havent seen that many jeeps. i know probably about six people that i can remember with 8.8s in there jeeps, two guys with swapped in 44's (that didnt come with them) and i met two people with 9's in their jeeps at a mud bog.... oh, and i forgot about this one disaster of a yj a guy i know is building with a 9". i wish i could show you guys this thing... its such a death trap. you have to see it to believe it, such a death trap. his frame is rotted in half, hes running dryrotted 38.5's that you could put your first knuckle deep in the crack (thats farther than my first girlfriend, lol), and he cut 1/2" off his pitman arm and welded it back together with his harbor freight welder. he tried to do his gears himself and they lasted 3 days, lol.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
if you havent seen a jeep with an 8.8, you havent seen that many jeeps. i know probably about six people that i can remember with 8.8s in there jeeps, two guys with swapped in 44's (that didnt come with them) and i met two people with 9's in their jeeps at a mud bog.... oh, and i forgot about this one disaster of a yj a guy i know is building with a 9". i wish i could show you guys this thing... its such a death trap. you have to see it to believe it, such a death trap. his frame is rotted in half, hes running dryrotted 38.5's that you could put your first knuckle deep in the crack (thats farther than my first girlfriend, lol), and he cut 1/2" off his pitman arm and welded it back together with his harbor freight welder. he tried to do his gears himself and they lasted 3 days, lol.
Must depend on the area, 9" and D44's are king if they are not stock.

There was a Heep for sale at a swap meet that had leaf springs cut in half with what would normally be the center bolted to the square tube framework and the axle bolted on the ends. The rear pinion was pointed down and the front would put the driveshaft on a collision course with the oil pan (SBC of course) One of those lovely project vehicles that crawl out of the woodwork... so sad they killed a fairly solid CJ-3 to build the pile.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
lol, some people. i will find some pics from his build thread on another forum.

Justinamike

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Jeep
Transmission
Manual
Dude, I drive past your truck outside the tire shop on a regular basis. Saw the sticker, loved it, searched for one on the web and led me straight here. Badass coincidence!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals