• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

can she do it?

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
I Am About To Make A Move From La County To Apache Junction Arizona.but I Need My Old Restoration Project With Me.i Have A 1999 Ranger Xlt Super Cab 4dr, 3 Point Slow, Auto 4speed, 4.56 Rear End, 6inch Lift And 33in Tires.it Weighs 3800#.can It Tow My Amc Rebel(3600#) Plus A Trailer And About 1000# Of Other Crap? And The Speed On I10 Is 75mph,can I Stay At That Speed?

michowski

Reaction score
Thats to much. A truck , trailer, and a loaded bed is just asking for trouble. Individually, yes it can tow the truck or the trailer with bed loaded but not both at once.

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
what if i use a tow dolly and not a trailer?

Speedwagon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm not going to tell you what your truck can do. I'm going to tell you what I did with my truck...

From Tuscon to Chicago, I pulled a loaded double axle Uhaul trailer, had to weight at least 3,000lbs, maybe 4,000(I didn't weigh it, but it was fairly loaded). In the bed of the truck, I had my bike(550lbs dry), an engine(about 200lbs), and some other stuff. The truck did it, but I definetaly felt it. And I gave myself plenty of stopping room. It wasn't a whole lot of fun though, and I'm pretty sure the headgaskets were NOT in top condition when I started that trip either. And my truck is a '92 3.0 5spd 3.73 2wd.

thegoat4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
You don't have enough brakes, and with a lift and big tires you lose sway resistance.

Towing would be very dangerous.

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
yea im not guna do it.just went out and towed by bros xploder,it did fine until i hit the grade and it became a turd.so ill just have a buddy tow it there. but brakes were never a concern cause the trailer or tow dolly both have 10in electric brakes. but thanks anyway.

odie1969

Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0l sohc
Transmission
Automatic
Have you been to AJ? Why Would you move there? Sorry

rngrdngr

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
3.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Have you been to AJ? Why Would you move there? Sorry
been there twice,my grandma lives there and is in her 80s so im going to take care of her.dont know about u but i was raised with family first and not to care about where i am.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals