• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

goverment sticking there nose were it dont belong again!!!

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think if someone makes something for a profit and then somebody rips it off and tries to either market it as their own or give it out for free they deserve legal action.

It is theft. :dunno:

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think if someone makes something for a profit and then somebody rips it off and tries to either market it as their own or give it out for free they deserve legal action.

x2...

You do realize it is the "Stop Online PIRACY Act" and not the "Stop online PRIVACY Act" right? :icon_confused:

nitrofan1

Man without a Ranger
MTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Subaru
Engine Size
EJ251
Transmission
Automatic
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stop_Online_Piracy_Act

Hey guys though u would like to know about this. Let me know what u think. I don't like the bill myself. This is a free country we need to keep what's left free. I love our country hate the government. Later guys
So you invest a lot of money in a product, film or something else, copy right or patent it, someone makes an exact copy, sells it cheaper or without any oversight it's OK with you?

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
So you invest a lot of money in a product, film or something else, copy right or patent it, someone makes an exact copy, sells it cheaper or without any oversight it's OK with you?
the bill goes a lot deeper than that. If it goes into effect, there are a lot of websites that you may use that will likely get shut down.

adsm08

Senior Master Grease Monkey
Supporting Member
Article Contributor
Ford Technician
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
31X10.50X15

x2...

You do realize it is the "Stop Online PIRACY Act" and not the "Stop online PRIVACY Act" right? :icon_confused:

I love the idea of this law.

After looking into the law itself it is quite scary what it would allow the government to do.

MrE_Powers

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
we shouldnt give the government any more power period. it has put us on a slippery slope as it is

off_road_junkie21

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 lt V6
Transmission
Manual
I like the comments that are being left. I just dislike our government. They are all a prime example of what happens when stupid people get power. Like I said I love our country hate the government. But keep the comments coming I like to here peoples views.

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
After reading this, I gotta say I'm against it. I don't download music or movies, but I do watch a lot of streaming sports (namely Red Wings games). Often they're out of town and not shown where I'm working (I work with the disabled, so I get to do a lot of things like watch Sports, TV, and browse the internet making posts like this one). Which will irritate the hell out of me.

I also like a lot of Foreign movies, which many of them were never sold in North America's region code, making it impossible to play except for on a computer with a video player that would probably end up being questionable/illegal after this bill would be passed. I did download one movie because the only thing I could find in America that would work was a $90 USED, subtitled VHS. F-that, and they call me the criminal.

I think it's a great idea, but the current adaptation of it makes me cringe.

GoodOld85BlueBalls

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2010/2013
Make / Model
FORD/FORD
Engine Size
3.0Powerstroke/3.5 EcoBoost
Transmission
Manual
5 years for 10 pices of music????????:shok:

Egads, looks like I am going away for life.....:bawling:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
I can see protecting videos, music and other items being sold.

But how far will this reach?

What if someone posts a photo on this site and I use it for an article. Nothing serious. Just a suspension photo or something for visual reference. Then, another website or person claims copyright because I used the photo given to me?

See what I mean? How far will this reach?

I think the government will eventually f--k over the internet. They're already going nuts trying to figure out how to get their greedy fingers on money being spent online and tax it.

This year will be the first year I get a tax statement from Paypal, since the IRS has gone after that money starting in 2011. I hate the IRS.

MrRangerSir

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
I'm leery of what SOPA may lead to. Clearly, intellectual and creative property deserves protection, but where to draw the line? For example, my avatar could land me in trouble as I do not hold the copyright for it. Worse yet, Jim Oaks could be subject to censure and a heavy fine because his site links to my unauthorized avatar. Of course, I could take it down before the s*** starts flinging, but seriously, I doubt my use of that image represents any financial or other loss for anyone.

Last edited:

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
but seriously, I doubt my use of that image represents any financial or other loss for anyone.
I think that should be the key. I can see where downloading music, videos, etc could create a financial loss, and that's what the law should focus on.

Junkyardexpress

ASE Certified Tech
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
P235/R15
You know in some ways we brought this on ourselves i can remember when my family got its first computer friends were passing around antivirus software instead of buy it themselves now because of that we now hafto subscribe.

naford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I thought I read where youtube, google, and yahoo could be in violation of this law and would have to shutdown. I forgot Wiki to.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals