• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Universal Shock Hoops?

DasBroncon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I am currently piecing together the tubing and joints for extended rad arms, and the next thing on my list is shock mount. I checked out the f-250 shock mount mod, but I want something that can mount higher and I do not want to cut my coil bucket. I was wondering if these "Universal Shock Hoops" would work http://www.frontier4x4.com/Trail-GearToyotaShockHoops . The website Say's they are for toyota's, but they seem pretty straight forward to me. Anyone have experience with these, or reasons I should give the f-250 mount a try?

alwaysFlOoReD

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91, '80, '06
Make / Model
Ford, GMC,Dodge
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
I'm trying to picture this in my head and I think you would still end up cutting the coil mount. Hard to tell without actually hold it up to where it goes.
Will they give you exact measurements so you could draw it out on cardboard and compare that way? If you're willing to weld them on, you should be capable of cutting and fitting them too.
Good luck,

Richard

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
You can fit a huuuge shock with the f250 mounts...not quite sure why you would want taller than that.... Plus the stock mount would still be in the way and need to be cut out?

DasBroncon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
I think I'm gonna try the f-250 mount. I read more on it, and I will fit a pretty long shock. If it doesn't work, as far as cutting the coil bucket, I know there is another B2 sitting at ecology if I need new ones

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
Its the best cheap bet. I was running a 14" travel shock on mine with the F250 mounts.

Reinforce the top of the bucket where you cut it tho, I managed to fold one of my buckets up and had the coil go up under the hood on the trail. My fix was to install a set of early bronco coil buckets welded to my f250 mounts.

DasBroncon

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Its the best cheap bet. I was running a 14" travel shock on mine with the F250 mounts.

Reinforce the top of the bucket where you cut it tho, I managed to fold one of my buckets up and had the coil go up under the hood on the trail. My fix was to install a set of early bronco coil buckets welded to my f250 mounts.
Thanks! That was my main worry. I might have a fab shop in my city make me some new coil buckets with high shock mounts. I was kinda worried about them folding up. I'm an okay welder, I'm just not good at general fabrication-y stuff, so I don't trust myself

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals