• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

eb question

Bennybooster

EMT / Paramedic
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Wow, this thread went to hell

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah it's hard to answer an actual tech question when you have so many off topic posts in a thread. Guy asks a simple question and deserves a simple answer (which he got). Then ya gotta have the normal chit chat which turns into someone getting all butt hurt and bent outta shape.

Pretty simple really. If ya gonna put the time and money into doing a SAS might as well do a D44 at minimum otherwise its not worth it. You can run the same size tires on a 28 and 30 so why swap? The only swap worth doing is from a 28 to a 35 and that is a bolt in affair. The "its free" and "budget" talk gets thrown out the window when you spend $700 on a set of long arms to put in an axle that isn't any stronger than what you started with. You can do a 44 swap using junkyard parts for less than the cost of those arms and have a stronger axle with locking hubs. Oh well, to each his own. You say a 30 is great, I say it's junk. I wheel my rig and you get towed home.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
Simple, my D28 was junked out. Shafts were shot, ujoints, etc....

Knowing your limits keeps you from being towed home too. But whats to say that your engine, tranny, etc...wont go out on you out on the tails either? Your axle choice doesnt determine the other things that can go wrong with your truck. Nuff said.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok so why pull the "I'm broke" card? For less than the cost of your long arms you could've rebuilt the 28 and run the same tires. Shafts shot? Don't see how unless they were broke or the ears were egged. U-joints are $9 each. Balljoints and seals and bearings would be less than $100.

If you wanted to do a SAS just to say you could then fine. Don't get bent just cuz someone says you used a bad axle. If its what you wanted then so be it.

The thread is about axles. Lots of shit can go wrong on the trail. The point is if you're swapping something in, make sure its better than what you're taking out.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Im still wondering what makes my choice of axle so bad for what I use it for?

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Ok, look dude, I'm gonna break this down for you so you can understand. No one said your axle was bad for driving. I told you I have a GC with 306K miles on it. The 30 in it holds up just fine for driving back and forth to work. I asked for your wheeling pics. You never posted any. I looked through 41 pages of your gawd damn build thread and not one single wheeling pic. Your 30 will be just fine with your 32s.

For someone that actually wheels their rig, a 30 is not a good choice for an axle. If you would quit being so defensive and actually read what is being written you will see what is being said. FOR A RIG THAT IS GOING TO WHEEL, A DANA 30 IS A POOR CHOICE FOR THE TIME AND EFFORT IT TAKES TO PUT IT IN.

Nothing more, nothing less.

Sheesh, you'd think I called your momma fat or something. Get over it dude. Guy asked about a F'n EB axle and after his question was answered you have to pipe in singing the praises of the Jeep 30 you have that you don't even wheel.

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
A. Theres a difference on how you wheel and I wheel and always will be. Nuff on that.

B. Just because you dont see wheeling pics or me saying it, doesnt mean that I havent done it. End of that too.

C. You see my swap as a waste of time and, but to me, was worth every second and penny I spent on it. Moving on.

D. Your not driving my truck, dont worry about it. Im not driving yours so I dont worry about it either. The End.

E. Call my mom fat, I dont care. She would roll her eyes at that and not care either.

F. Just because I chimed in on my axle didnt mean that anybody had to respond to it......but they did.

Have a nice day :D

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
A. Theres a difference on how you wheel and I wheel and always will be. True that. I need more than a snow bank

B. Just because you dont see wheeling pics or me saying it, doesnt mean that I havent done it. You've got pics of everything else in the 41 pages I went through. I'm sure if you went wheeling there would be a pic or two in there.

C. You see my swap as a waste of time and, but to me, was worth every second and penny I spent on it. Your swap fits you just fine, lots of work for little results

D. Your not driving my truck, dont worry about it. Im not driving yours so I dont worry about it either. I dont have AAA so I can't drive your truck. Tow bills would be killer

E. Call my mom fat, I dont care. She would roll her eyes at that and not care either. Your mom is fat

F. Just because I chimed in on my axle didnt mean that anybody had to respond to it......but they did. Pick yer battles kid cuz you might get shot down. Learn to live with it

Have a nice day :D I will cuz I get paid to read this shit.

Took care of that for ya. I got plenty of time kid. Stop while you're ahead. We can get deeper into this if you'd like but I'd like to keep it civil. Nobody was/has bashed you but you just won't drop it.

t120r

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm sure people know ways to do an SAS cheaper than I can, but let me give you a breakdown of what I can remember needing for my D44 swap and what it cost:

Axle/radius arms/mounts/springs - $400
Spring buckets from JBG - $150
Bushings - $60
Track bar drop bracket - $50
DOM steel, Johnny joints, inserts - $160
Shocks (Stock won't fit) - $80
Brake Lines - $20
Tie rods/DOM steel (steering linkage)- $200

I know there is more, I just can't remember. As you can see, it wasn't cheap and to do a D30 requires the same, including changing castor and pinion angles. So for that amount of money and work, I wouldn't care if the axle was free or not. Unless of course you don't value money or time. I for one don't have much of either so when I do something to my truck, I make sure it's done right and I get the results I want.

Foxracin

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Took care of that for ya. I got plenty of time kid. Stop while you're ahead. We can get deeper into this if you'd like but I'd like to keep it civil. Nobody was/has bashed you but you just won't drop it.
Shut up brad. you aint on the clock now. :thefinger:

Only reason your explorer is hardcore is the ballin steering wheel cover. :D

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
the amount of shit talking in here being done by pansy web wheelers is ridiculous.

Dangerranger has valid points, people like "that guy" needs to stop being "that guy", you're acting like a douche bag and purposely provoking him, and trying to push his buttons, and force your point of view. I had a D30 once, and I guarantee I wheeled that version of my truck harder than you wheel that fawkin exploder. Stop thinking you're all that and a bag of chips, you wanna pick on someone... pick on me.

I promise it wont end the way you want it to.

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
NMB2, you're just fueling shit that needed to die 2 pages ago. Are you such a moron that you can't read either? Please post the quote where I said this kids setup was not optimal for him.

I said (and I will say it until I fall off the face of the earth) that anyone that is going through the trouble to do a solid axle swap is shooting himself in the foot by doing all that work for the marginal results that swapping a Dana 30 is gonna give them.

I never bad mouthed the kid, his dad, his truck, his dog, his fab skills, or even his mom (until he told me to).

Glad you stopped in to put your 0.02 worth in. Your bad ass talk should just shut up this discussion right here. You are the king wheeler and everyone should bow down to you. I've never tried to force my opinion on anyone. I didn't say what my axle is, what my setup was, or that mine was superior to anyone's. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it for all I care. You don't bother me one bit so don't talk to me like you are superior.

I wasn't picking on the kid or anyone else in the F'n thread so thanks for stopping by to add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Go argue with someone else about how bad ass you are.

NMB2

July 2010 OTOTM Winner
U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 V8
Transmission
Automatic
NMB2, you're just fueling shit that needed to die 2 pages ago. Are you such a moron that you can't read either? Please post the quote where I said this kids setup was not optimal for him.

First off, I am far from a moron, you are way out of line there, and furthering my point of how much of a douche bag you are.

Please quote where I, accused you of what you're saying, you cant... because I didn't

I said (and I will say it until I fall off the face of the earth) that anyone that is going through the trouble to do a solid axle swap is shooting himself in the foot by doing all that work for the marginal results that swapping a Dana 30 is gonna give them.

Lets hope that falling is sooner than later:thefinger:You can say it all you want, which is obvious that you will, because you have for the last 3 pages, everyone is sick of listening to you.

I never bad mouthed the kid, his dad, his truck, his dog, his fab skills, or even his mom (until he told me to).

You definitely did bad mouth him, you have been talking down to him the entire thread and acting like you are superior to him, and several times have made suggestions that he doesn't wheel, and cannot wheel the types of terrain you do.

Glad you stopped in to put your 0.02 worth in. Your bad ass talk should just shut up this discussion right here. You are the king wheeler and everyone should bow down to you.
King wheeler? no.... more experienced and hardcore than you.... without a doubt. Nobody needs to bow down to me, because unlike you, most recognize this and respect it, they don't continue trying to run their punk ass mouth

I've never tried to force my opinion on anyone. I didn't say what my axle is, what my setup was, or that mine was superior to anyone's. Take your holier than thou attitude and shove it for all I care. You don't bother me one bit so don't talk to me like you are superior.

You did try to force you opinion, you quoted and posted over and over again about how horrible dangerrangers setup would be if you were the one wheeling it. I looked at your pics, I'm not impressed.

I will dish it out to you, exactly how you want to try and dish it out to danger ranger...I think he will agree with my feelings towards your posts.

I'm glad I don't bother you, but just realize, that I WILL NOT tolerate your attitude and aggressiveness towards other members. Like I told you.. .if you want to try and act like a badass and get into picture show and tell, play that game with me

I wasn't picking on the kid or anyone else in the F'n thread so thanks for stopping by to add absolutely nothing to the conversation. Go argue with someone else about how bad ass you are.
You were picking on him, and I think many will agree with me. Don't get all offensive when I dish out to you, what you have been dishing out to him. I didnt add any tech to the thread, my point was to shut you up.

I dont have to argue with anyone about how badass I am... its a known fact here... live with it and learn (sound familiar?):icon_thumby:

Have a great day.

crawlin91

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Im going with this bulletproof axle and suspension setup for my KOH buggy build :D

ThatGuy

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
Wow. Glad to know that you command respect. I give it when it's due. You jumping in on a thread and calling me a punk ass and a pansy don't really earn respect from me. I could care less what you will or will not tolerate. Last time I checked your name wasn't at the top of the board.

I never called anyone names (unlike you) and I still never said this kids truck was bad or whatever you think. I never said mine was top shit either. I know mine isn't, that's not what I built it for. Mine is a family wheeler. Built to do moderate to hard trails with my wife and 2 boys in tow. If it doesn't impress you I really couldn't care less. No really i couldn't. Get off your high horse and go talk smack to someone who gives a crap cuz it ain't me.

If you got anything else you wanna bitch about feel free to PM me. Your bad ass attitude don't work on me so don't think it does.

You got a Dana 60? Good. I got one too. Can I be a bad ass now or do I get to stay at douche bag status? Experience? Been building and wheeling since '99 owned one shop still in business and fab at another.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals