• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

My name is BJ and I'm an addict

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L Turbo, 4.0L, 4.0L SOHC, 5.7L (yea chevy motor, I didn't do it though!)
Transmission
Manual
Finally got around to registering on the forum even though I've been floating around here for years. I own a small custom / fab shop, and do off road recovery's and I have a weird obsession (addiction) with Rangers and Explorers. I own/ have owned more rangers/explorers than anyone would believe (tripple digits). I currently own a few cool rangers I've been collecting over the past few years. I own an 86 2.3L SVO turbo conversion, reg cab short bed. I'm doing an easy resto on it. The previous owner dissassembled it to replace the cab and gave up on the project after aquiring a spotless rust free cab from down south. I'm taking advantage of it being torn down and starting with powdercoating the frame and working up from there. The second custom I have is an 88 Ranger Dually (yup a dually) the truck was built as a first class show truck 20 years ago. It was featured in magazines and was actually paid appearance fee's back in it's prime to be displayed at events. But that was 20 years ago...currently it needs some help but I plan on bringing it back to better than it's origional stature. The second owner got into installing a heavily built chevy 350 and B&M turbo 400 transmission but passed away before he finished the project almost 15 years ago. I bought it from his widow who had left it litterally sitting in the woods behind her house since he passed, somehow it isn't rotted at all but still needs everything redone. The third interesting Ranger I own is a 98 IFS front end mud drag truck. It has a 4.0L SOHC motor swap, modified stock front suspension and 36" Super Swampers on locked axles. I race this truck almost every weekend and it lives on a car trailer. I've also got a couple dailer driver rangers that I drive depending on what I'm doing. So I think this qualify's me as an addict! :icon_thumby: These are just the Rangers I own and doesn't include any of my other vehicles. My avatar is a pic of my off road wrecker racing at one of the mud runs.

TimR

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome! Of course you know we are waiting for pics!

lol

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have plenty of pics of everything. If you go to my facebook page they are all on there for now until I have a chance to put them up here

baddis

U.S. Military - Veteran
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 Sohc 1.5 ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
:worthless:
i tried the fb thing and got The page you requested was not found.
You may have clicked an expired link or mistyped the address. Some web addresses are case sensitive.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome! Sounds like one hell of a good collection. Do I have to also say pictures?
Dave of the Nord

tmaxxman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
:worthless:welcome to TRS

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I'll try to get some pics up on here tomorrow after work

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The pics

Here are some of the pics, I figure they should be self explanitory which they are but they yellow is obviously the dually. The pea green ranger has the 2.3L SVO swap, the Lifted Black 98 flat bed is the mud race truck with the SOHC 4.0L swap and I threw in a couple of my off road wrecker because I figured you'd enjoy them. :icon_thumby:

Last edited:

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
Welcome to the site, thats a damn nice collection you've got going what all to do you have planned for the 2.3 turbo? That has to be my favorite.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Welcome to the site, thats a damn nice collection you've got going what all to do you have planned for the 2.3 turbo? That has to be my favorite.
the turbo ranger will be a street/ race truck. I have a couple friends hooked on their Nissan 240's and run them in drift events so I'm going to turn some heads in an antique Ford ranger. I also hit the drag strip often so I'm sure it will be run there every week since my shop is less than a mile from New England dragway

ranger_mclaren

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995/02
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3/2.0
Transmission
Automatic
the turbo ranger will be a street/ race truck. I have a couple friends hooked on their Nissan 240's and run them in drift events so I'm going to turn some heads in an antique Ford ranger. I also hit the drag strip often so I'm sure it will be run there every week since my shop is less than a mile from New England dragway
Just stay away from the walls. LOL I can't wait to see some pics and videos!!

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
No Walls!!

Just stay away from the walls. LOL I can't wait to see some pics and videos!!
I think I'd cry if that one tagged a wall. :bawling: I'm putting way too much time/money into making the body work and paint flawless to be dinging it up like that. But that doesn't mean I'll hold back either, just going to have to skip the learning curve and go straight to knowing the handleing. I'll get good real fast! lol

Last edited:

nine-teen91stxranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1991, 1977
Make / Model
Ford, Ford
Engine Size
245 cid of fury, 6.6l
Transmission
Manual
i envy you lol. nice rigs, all of em. and just how many rangers, exloders have you owned? i just gotta know.

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
86, 88, 95x2, 9
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i envy you lol. nice rigs, all of em. and just how many rangers, exloders have you owned? i just gotta know.
Too many and not enough, lol. Honestly I'm sure I've owned well over a hundred. I own a custom/fab shop and specialize in Fords, If I find a Ranger, Explorer or BII for under a grand I'll usually buy them either for a parts donor or if they are clean/low milage I build them. Actually just last friday I bought 3 explorers from a local wholesale lot as a package deal. 2 of them are for parts and the third is a clean 99 with no body rot to resell. I'll list all the vehicals I own below and you can tell me if you think I have an addiction. By the way I do have a few nice fords for sale including 2 rangers.

-1995 Bue Ranger (FOR SALE) current daily driver, Reg cab short bed, 2.3L, 5 speed, 2wd, 247,000 miles rust free with origional paint, origional clutch and origional drivetrain. Still runs and drives like new and gets 28MPGs!!!!
-1995 Black Ranger (FOR SALE) current daily driver, Reg cab long bed, 4.0L, auto, 2wd with 97k origional miles, clean body no rust and runs great

-1996 F250/F350 conversion offroad wrecker, (My work truck) D60 front Sterling rear with lockers and 4.10 gears, 460ci V8, 3" lift with 36" Military issue wrangler tires, short bed step side with a full 8,000lb wrecker body with bumper sling hidden inside the bed and a 12,000lb Warn winch
-1993 F150 4x4, Reg cab step side bed, built high compression 302HO motor, 5 speed, D44/9" SAS with 4.10 gears, 6" lift, 33" tires. Fully restored better than new (my personal work/plow truck)
-1998 Black Ford Ranger 4x4,(MUD DRAG TRUCK) modified stock IFS, lifted rear suspension 4" to match, 3" body lift, custom flat bed, 5 Speed, 3.0L to 4.0L SOHC conversion being finished friday, locked axles and 36" super swampers
-1986 pea Green Ranger, (Street/show truck) fully built 2.3L SVO turbo motor, (dyno'd @ 190WHP at 9psi, now runs @ 27psi), Lowered on 3" dream beams, coils and custom rear suspension, built 8.8" posi rear and centerforce clutch, mid restoration on an entirely rust free truck
-1988 Yellow Ranger dually (Show truck) full chevy drivetrain, 350 with 202 fuelie heads, edelbrock performer RPM intake, big holley carb, B&M built turbo 400 trans, 1960's one ton chevy dually rear end shortened to fit the ranger, custom made one piece tilt nose, waiting for me to wrap up other projects so I can restore it
-1989 Chevy S10 (Project mud race truck) Built 350, auto trans, was a 2wd but converted to 4x4 using a Ford NP 205 T case, Full width Ford D44 front axle, 4.88 gears, ARB air locker, Custom built DTS racing 8.8" rear end, 4.88 gears, auburn pro series posi, 33 spline chromoly axle shafts, 38" Super swampers
-2000 Red F150 XLT 4x4 (FOR SALE) extended cab, no rust, nice paint, 96,000 miles, 5.4L triton, auto, new head gaskets and fresh rebuilt heads
-1995 Lincoln Mark VIII (For SALE) FAST CAR! was my personal show/race car last year, 87k origional miles, Black on black leather, fresh paint but no rust ever just had peeling clear coat. Fully dechromed, all lights are smoked, 4.6L DOHC, Lowered 3" on factory air ride (which works perfectly) Mustang cobra hub and wheel conversion, and just under $1000 worth of custom bent dual 2.5" stainless exhaust, magnaflow mufflers and X-pipe, no cats
-1999 Red Explorer XLT (FOR SALE) just your basic loaded 4 door auto explorer
-1996 Explorer Limited (Parts car) Mint saddle tan leather interior, nice body work and the 302HO with GT40 heads
-1999 Explorer sport (Parts car) 4.0L SOHC drivetrain transplant donor
And I have an 02 Harley Sportster XLH1200, Drag bars, custom seat, pipes and lowered.

So out of all the vehicles I own there is only one non Ford product (Bike aside).

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals