• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

96 Ranger build pre-runnin on a budget!

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys, Sandy has been given the dreaded title of "YARD TRUCK" *dun dun dunnnnn* but... on the other hand... I got a 2010 Ford Ranger Sport! :O my dad bought this truck back from his friends, and said i could have it. he didnt want to see me dumping money into the beige truck over and over again. so, down to buisness the new rig is a 10' Ranger sport. 4.0L V6 Crap-o-matic 2wd Extended cab, and is wineish in color. I cant get pics as i am 4 hours away from home right now.and freezing my ass off to get internet.... But the plans for this rig, same as the beige one. Pre-runner it :p , but keep it stock enough to use as a Daily driver, and toy hauler. I'm thinking on buying a kit from Dixon bro's. And i got a set of old Wagon wheel type rims from a friend for free. I belive they;re off a Jeep YJ.

The rims look like this, just silver.

and this is what i baicially want the truck to look like when done.

Anywho, all of ya's will get your precious pictures sunday when i go home to town :p
I'm currently in Bay st.Lawrence with my mother for the Crab fest. I didnt wanna go but she dragged me here.. again >_>; oh, and does anyone know how to get some more power out of te 4.0L for really cheap?, and to remove the rev limiter?

After a quick Google search i found a truck exact to mine, to hold you guys off until i can get actual pictures XP

RangerBoy94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
360CDI
Transmission
Automatic
Just because you lift a 2wd doesn't mean its a prerunner.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Just because you lift a 2wd doesn't mean its a prerunner.
Who said im lifting it?... im going to try and get the Ranger EDGE/Explorer 2wd Long Travel Suspension Kit from dixon bro's. plus i cant go too extreme with it cause i want it to still be used as a DD. which means no full cage, hacking the bed up, etc. it still has to be stock enough to be able to haul skidoo's,atvs,wood,etc. but i want it to be built enough to handle some weekend abuse.

chrwilkins30

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i guess people cannot have nice lifted street trucks anymore without people complaining.

kurama49

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
Well guys thought i'd give you a update. the 09 ranger plan fell through. my dad decided to not give me his truck. he wants me to buy it off himm for 9K so, i said no to that. On the other hand, my father-by-law and i found a 03 for sale locally for $5500. its a 03 4.0 5spd 4x4. thing looks like new, not a scratch, 160K kms. new tires, black, new 2yr MVI, and a few more things im forgetting. so most likely I'll get that.... hopefully. Also i go for my full license in 6 days :yahoo: oh and the 94. her problems are building up quickly... frame is bent, balljoints are totally screwed now, no clutch, just enough to take off and shift, and no power what-so-ever. i want to sell it but my father is taking it when i get my new truck. so all the problems will be his.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals