• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Total craziness

FiLeBaRoN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V-6 4.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
I let my wife drive my truck, and she drove with the emergency brake fully engaged at speeds up to 70 mph for about 135 miles (she said the brake light was not lit on the dash console). After she noticed the error she dis-engaged the emergency brake and the truck seems to be fine, i have driven it and there seems to be no issues with the braking system (no throbbing/pulsing break pedal). my question is what kind of damage could/would this cause to the vehicle and what should i look at to see if there is damage (besides checking the pads). any comments would be appreciated. thank you

rangerbronco288

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Besides the rear pads im pretty sure the brakes got overheated look for signs of glazing on the pads and drum more than likely you will need to get the drums machined (if they are within specs) and get a new set of pads

FiLeBaRoN

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
V-6 4.0L EFI
Transmission
Automatic
further inspection

i further inspected the brakes (Inspected rear drums and shoes and front discs and shoes) the brakes have some glazed spots, the drums are glazed to which i used Emory cloth to rough up and the brakes seem to be fine, only other thing i did was bleed the lines and reset the self adjusters in the rear brakes, there was no noticeable damage to front pads other than normal wear and tear.:hottubfun:

Jspafford

Logan Andrew Feb 17, 2012
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Chevy 3500HD
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
6.6L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
5"
Tire Size
35"
She couldn't have had it set very hard if that's all the happened. Besides, had they been set that well, she would have noticed it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals