• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How to reset dash light "flat tire"

adipainter

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
Can anybody tell me how can i reset "flat tire"light from dash at my 2007 Ranger?I dont have owner manual ...Thanks

dogboy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'93
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
I don't know about Rangers, but on my mom's Mazda 3, as soon as the tires are the same pressure it goes off by it's self. Of course, you have to drive it a little bit for it to turn off though. They use the ABS sensors to see how fast each tire is turning and if one tire turns slower for an extended period (a low tire is smaller) it says a tire is low. So, if they are all at the same pressure, and you drive it around for a minute or so, it should go out on it's own.

Sorry for the explination but I figured I'd tell you how it works too.

Sasquatch_Ryda

Ford Technician
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
40s
You will either have to inflate them to the proper psi listed on the door sticker and drive it. If it goes out you got it, if not you have to go to the dealer and have them reset the light with their TPMS tool.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
wtf.. that light works? i got a flat and that thing never turned on... friggen ford..

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
adipainter: make sure the tires have rotated a few times before adjusting your pressure (eg, drive around the block), turn your ignition to "run" (or leave the motor running) while adjusting tire pressure to the proper (35psi should do) level. ive found that by leaving the key on while adjusting tire pressure, the system usually figures out whats going on and re-learning the system isnt necessary. if the light still wont go off, your ford dealer will reset the system for you (probably for free), which requires a special radio transmitter.

They use the ABS sensors
ford uses active sensors in each wheel to monitor the tire pressure. each sensor sends a radio signal to a receiver in the vehicle.

wtf.. that light works? i got a flat and that thing never turned on... friggen ford..
your truck doesnt have a TPM system.

Jmhm17

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
lol then why do i have the light? and why is it in my ownersmanual? haha stupid ford..

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
dunno...the ranger didnt come with TPMS untill 2007...at least it wasnt supposed to..

Harris

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
My buddy told me Sunday that the light on his Tacoma didn't go out until he checked the spare. It was low and he aired it up. Voila! the light went out.

Joshs93four-oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/245CID
Transmission
Manual
A 2007 Ranger will have sensor-based tpms, not an abs based system I think. If any vehicle has sensor based TPMS the valve stem wil have a "hex ferrule" at the base and a special metal or grey plastic RF conductive valve stem cap. The only exception I know of is new model GM trucks, Their sensor stems look exactly like regular valve stems EXCEPT there is a beveled shoulder just before the valve cap threads. I think the only vehicles that you dont have to re-learn the sensors after rotating tires believe it or not is DODGE!! Wow, they've done one thing right!? lol There is a reason why Dodge has, is, and will always be #3 in the big 3... Josh
________
American

Last edited:

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
ford does use the type of sensors that are attached to the base of the valve stem, but they also use sensors that are attached to large metal bands around the center of the wheel...so just because your valve stems arent metal doesnt necessarily mean you dont have TPMS sensors.

theres no need to re-learn the system after rotating your tires...at least i never have and the system has always functioned properly afterwards....:icon_confused:

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals