• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

cb radio interference

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
i have my windshield wipers mounted to a toggle switch where the inside mirror's were. and now when i have them on i get a constant white noise from my cb.

i'm not an electrical guy by any means, so please learn me

02RangerXLT

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Where's your CB wired to?

I had that problem when I accidentally wired my CB to the same fuse the wipers used...

4x4junkie

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
TRS 20th Anniversary
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Tire Size
35x12.50R15
A "white" noise? or a motor static noise? (can you distinctly hear the motor's electrical impulses within the static?)

If it's the latter (which I suspect it is), then solder a 0.01µF ceramic disc capacitor across the power leads to the wiper motor as close to the motor as you can possibly get it. Should help cut down the interference.

spdcrazy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
mostly 86
Make / Model
B2
Engine Size
2.9 bored and cammed
Transmission
Manual
A "white" noise? or a motor static noise? (can you distinctly hear the motor's electrical impulses within the static?)

If it's the latter (which I suspect it is), then solder a 0.01µF ceramic disc capacitor across the power leads to the wiper motor as close to the motor as you can possibly get it. Should help cut down the interference.
i can hear the difference in when the wipers change direction. and it only happens when i turn on the wipers.

i am possitive i do not have things wired correctly. this is what i need to adress first. then if i have noise still i'll throw a capacitor on it like junkie said.

next subject, similar concept

how should i run all my wiring. i need to wire

a 3in tach
an uwwwgaaa (sp?) horn
wipers
lights, currently 4 kc's, but that will change soon
my cb radio
coolant temp gauge
oil pressure gauge
interior light
starter button
back flood light

my thoughts was to get a fuse box from my work (napa). i'd get one that feeds the whole box with one power wire from the battery. and each circuit would have its own fuse. but then i need relay's. and how many and where should i mount them.

i'm def not an electrical guy here, so talk some english for me please!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals