• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

anyone shoot archery?????

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
hey guys just wondering how many of you was into archery and shot in any tournements. i have been shooting since i was 4 y/o and was always in 1st place then stoped shooting tournements when i was 10 but will soon be starting again just for the hell of it. if any one around louisiana shoots let me know where and when the next tournement is. :headbang:

Last edited:

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i've been shooting since age 9 look at my profile pic to see my bow beside the tv.

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
i've been shooting since age 9 look at my profile pic to see my bow beside the tv.
what kind is it (brand name)? i shoot pse and thats all i have shot since i have started shooting.

Little X

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I shoot. I've got a couple different weight recurves from 30 to 60 lbs. Never entered a competition though.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have shot off and on for a long time.

Right now I have a PSE Baby-G-Force. It shoots pretty good and all around I like it. I started out with a second hand Bear way back when, until I found the PSE for a decent price on the used rack at Scheels.

I have gone to one 3D shoot this past spring, didn't do that great overall but I started off strong. Towards the end my left arm was getting really tired and I know that had a lot do with my accuracy. I have never shot my bow all day before. :shok:

They have another (shorter) shoot coming up this fall I will probably try.

Grey_04

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
here's one of my kills..sorry about the dust it's in the garage

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
I have shot off and on for a long time.

Right now I have a PSE Baby-G-Force. It shoots pretty good and all around I like it. I started out with a second hand Bear way back when, until I found the PSE for a decent price on the used rack at Scheels.

I have gone to one 3D shoot this past spring, didn't do that great overall but I started off strong. Towards the end my left arm was getting really tired and I know that had a lot do with my accuracy. I have never shot my bow all day before. :shok:

They have another (shorter) shoot coming up this fall I will probably try.
my dad used to make me shoot 100 times a day so when it came time for tournements i was used to shooting alot and my skills got better

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
my dad used to make me shoot 100 times a day so when it came time for tournements i was used to shooting alot and my skills got better
I don't have that much time to practice... back when I was a kid maybe, but now when I get off work at 5 and work on other stuff until dark, an hour or two here and there is about all it gets.

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
I don't have that much time to practice... back when I was a kid maybe, but now when I get off work at 5 and work on other stuff until dark, an hour or two here and there is about all it gets.
yea same here i havent shot my bow in about a year. i started shooting again this weekend and now that i am making money i can start shooting tournements. im still about as good as i was when i quit but i still need practice.

Mr99Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I shoot. Not competively but just for hunting. I've got an oneida screaming eagle with a tru glo 3 pin sight tuned to 15, 35, and 60 yards.

fordman4x492

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.oh 3oh2 v8
Transmission
Automatic
I shoot. Not competively but just for hunting. I've got an oneida screaming eagle with a tru glo 3 pin sight tuned to 15, 35, and 60 yards.
i have 4 bows, 2 pse spiders (1 camo,1 blue) 1 pse nova (use it for hunting) and 1 pse fire flite 33 (some hunting and other types of shooting)

strvger

Reaction score
the land of 2 seasons-Winter and getting ready for
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
a good friend took me out to his own range on his 20 acre homestead. i'd never shot bow before and he used a long bow for hunting every year, bear, deer, and elk. he gave me an old compound he had. he would take the first shot at each of the targets he had set up in the woods, and i'd take the second shot at the same target. after we had shot at 4 targets, i had already split 2 of his arrows when taking my turn. we called it quits after that. i've never shot since. i'm sure he still shakes his head whenever he remembers that day.

Southern3.0

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'96
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, what a turd...
Transmission
Manual
I tried once, My buddy came to my house with his fancy new bow. He sorta shot it at a tree in my yard, then I tried.... Shoulda seen the bruise on my arm.

It turns out He didn't know wtf he was doing and we where holding it backwards lol

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals