• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2008 ranger

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
well i was on ford.com today and they talk about the 2008 ranger....well why dont they have a 25th ani package out there...they did it for the 150 and mutange...well the ranger is in the history books like them fords:dunno:

86isuzu

TRS Member Since 2003
Supporting Member
Firefighter
EMT / Paramedic
ASE Certified Tech
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
Ham Radio Operator
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Bronco II
Engine Type
2.9 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
2"
Tire Size
31"
yeah i did notice the 8.8 is now standard on all the 4x4s, instead of just the 4.0s.

warhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
Yeah, that's really weak of Ford to not give a 25th anniversary edition of the Ranger. Considering how many models they keep around for that long and all. I suppose that would be a waste of money on their part since they're either going to redesign it or get rid of it. Once again Ford disappoints me with their attitude towards the Ranger.

almostclueless

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
They have for the whole haul......no real consideration towards performance IMO.

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Ford would probably just as soon not draw any attention to the Ranger since the F150 puts more money in their pocket.

warhawk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L SOHC
Transmission
Automatic
They have for the whole haul......no real consideration towards performance IMO.
Yeah I agree, the MK1s had all these great special editions and really good power compared to what the rest of the market offered. However pretty much since then they don't seem to care one way or the other about the Ranger.

Ford would probably just as soon not draw any attention to the Ranger since the F150 puts more money in their pocket.
Yeah, heaven forbid they make money selling a truck besides the F150. I'm sure when the Ranger was the #1 mid-sized, it's profit wasn't far off from the F150s.

Hawker

Reaction score
I don't understand their (lack of) thinking on the Ranger. It's been a good stable seller for years even with all the neglect. When it finally gets so far behind that it can't even see the dust from the other guys, they don't fix it, they give up. Does anybody wonder why as a company they're losing market share across the board so badly?

stegomon

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987/1990
Make / Model
fords and only
Transmission
Manual
ya and the new fords are just gay......but that is my thought

snake

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep- if you want to learn how to run a car company, just do everything opposite of what Ford has done the last several years...

linuxman2003

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Yep- if you want to learn how to run a car company, just do everything opposite of what Ford has done the last several years...

+1

With the way fuel prices are going, and the general outlook on fossil fuels and gasoline power as a whole, ford isn't going to be able to rely on their truck line to carry them anymore. If I were at ford I would be SERIOUSLY looking into re-designing the ranger for the modern market.

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
+1

With the way fuel prices are going, and the general outlook on fossil fuels and gasoline power as a whole, ford isn't going to be able to rely on their truck line to carry them anymore. If I were at ford I would be SERIOUSLY looking into re-designing the ranger for the modern market.

I'd be working on a way to offer a diesel in every vehicle.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Production has started on a 4.4L V-8 diesel for the F-150's, so they may trickle down to the Rangers.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_4.4_Turbo_Diesel

If you follow the "Lion V-6" link it says they have started low volume production of the fancy iron they use at the Clevland plant. I have heard at other places that they have started casting the blocks too but can't find where that was right now.

A gasser compact truck doesn't get much better milage than a gasser half ton unless you get a lightweight 4cyl 2wd truck. Then its capibilities are limited enough to hardly justify it.

Last edited:

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."
Yeah, my lease is up in January, I'm debating with myself on what to do next. Love the Trac, but the radiator support has rust already and it's hard on gas.
1. Buy Trac for $14k when lease is up. Payment would be about $100 less a month, which would help pay for gas.
2. Special-order new Ranger 4x4 with 3.0/stick, payment would be about the same but for longer, would use less gas and seat less people. The people thing is not usually a big deal. Seats in the Sport Trac are awful comfy though.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals