• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS light blinks

LoneRanger93

Reaction score
Before I make a trip to the shop to get the code run I wanted to check some of the contacts to make sure everything is hooked up correctly, in addition to the fuse panel, brake fluid reservoir connection, and the plug underneath the driver seat under the cab, is there any other connections I should check?

Jon Boy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, the wire connection that plugs into the rear diff housing, has been known to come unplugged happened to me and a few others i know of.
easy to check too. just look on the drivers side on the front of the rear housing towards the top. even if it looks plugged in check it anyway. mine kept coming out so i zip-tied it in place.

pillen140

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
is the abs light staying on or blinking when you slam on the brakes. usually if something is wrong it will stay on.. blinking when the abs is pulsing. usually.

LoneRanger93

Reaction score
it just blinks non-stop, from the time the truck starts to the time I shut it off

I had the ABS light stay on a while back, all it needed was some brake fluid

Jon Boy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah, if it's blinking it's probibly not the rear plug then.

LoneRanger93

Reaction score
I think I checked everything pretty good and its still blinking, so I guess the next step is to go somewhere and get the code read, is it bad to be driving around with an ABS issue? or does it just mean I don't have my rear anti-lock brakes?

alson

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
Near the rear brake brake pedal there is a connector, attached to the main wire bundle.Wires on connector are 1)red and black and 2)orange and black.Unplug the connector, ground the #2 wire and the ABS light will flash giving you the code.ON the autozone web site find how to do it ,plus the codes.

LoneRanger93

Reaction score
is it wierd that I changed a busted fuse and the ABS light no longer blinks?

fuelyman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
I have a 1991 ranger with abs light on but cannot get any flash codes out of it can some one help? I just changed from 2.9 to 4.0 wiring harness and all no splicing. The abs light was not on untill i changed over. But the abs light was on in donor 1991 ranger

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals