• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

14" LT Tires, Who has them?

tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
It appears that 14" are disappearing. I was a great fan of Bridgestone Duellers bit they're gone. So far the only light truck tire I can find are Kumho Road Adventure AT and MT and it looks like the AT has been discontinued too.

I really like the gearing on my 4 banger and don't want to change it with a 15" rim. Anybody have any suggestions/ I need a more aggressive tread if I can....

tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As a followup, now I hear that Kumho has discontinued all 14" LTs. Looks like the only option is Cooper Discoverer LT. Bummer.

Any other ideas? This should be a big deal for the many thousands of 14" Rangers still out there.

Nullifier

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
As a followup, now I hear that Kumho has discontinued all 14" LTs. Looks like the only option is Cooper Discoverer LT. Bummer.

Any other ideas? This should be a big deal for the many thousands of 14" Rangers still out there.
goodyear offers the wrangler ats in 14" i am on my second set

JohnnyO

Moderator Emeritus
Supporting Member
Forum Staff - Retired
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
1.5"
Tire Size
265/70-17
My credo
"220, 221, whatever it takes."

98ranger4x4

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
i work at discount tire and im pretty sure bfg discontinued them too, we had a couple in our shop that we had to special order and we got like 10 phone calls a day from other stores all over the country asking if they could have them. i would go to a 15, much easier to find. 215-75-15s are about the same as a 27-8.50-14. it will definitely be hard to find the 27s.

JoshT

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Makes me glad that I'm running street tires with the 14s on the '84. Unfortunately I know they will soon be going by the wayside as well, until then I'll keep using them.

15" wheels/tires better not follow suit, I ain't going to go much if any larger than that when the 14s do finally disappear.

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
i think the trend away from the smaller wheel sizes might have to do with a trend toward larger and better brakes. just a thought.

HRTKD

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i think the trend away from the smaller wheel sizes might have to do with a trend toward larger and better brakes. just a thought.
I think you are right there. The Titan '08 wheels went to 18" because of bigger brake rotors. But the selection of 18" tires is less that what you can find for 17" - at least for the tires I'm looking for (Toyo Open Country A/T LT).

There is a guy selling tires almost at cost + shipping at http://mightytitans.boardnation.com/index.php. You have to register to see the messages within his section (Shailey's Discount Tires). You can PM him or post a message within that section asking for a price quote. Tell him I sent you.

tweaker

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
As a follow-up, The only two manufacturers of a 14" LT I could find was General and Cooper. I do now see a Wrangler AT (in 14" only) on the internet, but none of the tire stores I visited found that option so I'm not sure they are really available. I would have considered them, used them in the past. I went with the General Grabber AT 27X8.50 and so far so good for wet weather, but they don't do well in rain grooves. Sometimes my rear end seems to be wagging. I drive mountain roads and dry weather handling has been adaquate, but its been so wet lately I haven't had a chance to really put them through their paces. The Duellers had excellent traction. Mud has been fine, haven't been stuck. We'll see about mileage. They are slightly taller than the stock size but I haven't noticed any difference with the gearing and have not done a fuel mileage check.

I looked into a 15" but the only LTs available would have raised the profile too much.

2wdmuddin'

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger XLT
Transmission
Automatic
i know that uniroyal still has a mild tire for a 14" which is what im about to put on mine and is what i ran on my blazer

Joshs93four-oh

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L/245CID
Transmission
Manual
I work at a very busy Firestone and I know that duelers are still around...just not sure about an LT ply. do you have 225/70R14 tires? My recommendation would be the Dueler A/T Revo if they make them load rated in that size. Oh BTW, why do you want LT tires on a ranger? Josh
________
Glass bubblers

Last edited:

F150hybred

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I guess by the lack of interest that the Swamper is just too aggressive for you then. Like I said, just shits and giggles. :p

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals