• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

2.8l leaking oil need help

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 85 bronco 2 2.8l engine a4ld tranny. its leaking oil out of the font timing cover. mechanic said it was crankshaft seal. 2 months later its back to leaking agian. im in afghanistan so i cant work on it myself. any ideas would help.

Forcus

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
i have a 85 bronco 2 2.8l engine a4ld tranny. its leaking oil out of the font timing cover. mechanic said it was crankshaft seal. 2 months later its back to leaking agian. im in afghanistan so i cant work on it myself. any ideas would help.
Can't say for sure but you may have some wear on your crank snout that is not letting the seal seal for long.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The front cover may be out of alignment. There is a tool used to center the cover around the crank.
The seal may have been installed wrong too; again there are special tools for removing and installing the seal. These things can be done without the special tools, but using the tools is easiest.
(Rotunda 2.8 tool kits are available on e-bay - and maybe here)

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
well it has been back to the shop again. this time a different maechanic. he said there was no wear on my camshaft. but here i am again with another leaking seal. f_%k this v6 im getting a 302

Totalled

Law Enforcement
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
8 rabid gophers
Transmission
Automatic
I think the better question would be... where doesn't a 2.8L leak oil...?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals