• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Tire Reccomendation Time!!

khardrunner14

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
I'm sure this discussion has been had at one point, however I didn't find what I was looking for in my forum search.

Anyway... It's about time to get new kicks on the 96 Explorer Sport. I LOVE the look/performance of the BFG TA KO's, but at $600+tax for the mounted set they seem more like a pipe dream. What are your reccomendations for a good performing all terrain that is more of a deal (if that is possible). Here are my real requirements:
- I'd like 31x10.5's (better traction and looks)
- great traction in the snow/wet
- good treadwear (doesn't have to last forever, but 35-40k would be nice)
- good on the highway
- reasonable price (I'd like to go $450-500 if possible)

Not a huge wheeler, though occasionally I like to take her in the woods. I'm not stuck on any brand per say either. If I have to drop the $$ for the BFG's because there is nothing else out there worth trying, then I guess I will. Please, save me some $$ though! Thanks!

mossyoak03

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
try out www.tirepackage.com they have a new deal every month to help you what you are looking for bc i bout my BFG A/T's from them and it only cost me 450 bc they had buy 3 get one free and i think half off shipping

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
look into used tires. i just found a set of 32 inch bfgs for 150 plus mounting and balancing. the place i got them from gets tons of tires from insurance write off vehicles. the tires had 90% tread too.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals