• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bumper Boo-Boo...

RhainyC

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Ok my little '91 Ranger XLT (standard cab) has been in a wee accident. I need to know, if it would be cheaper to simply replace the bumper, if the brackets etc are ok, or if I would be better off paying for a body shop to repair the one on it? I will try to get some pics of it up, but basically the truck side smacked a *cable barrier* type thing, on the freeway in the snow, and the passenger side of front bumper is pulled up and out from where it should be.

Hopefully it is not too spendy to fix... as it to me, seems a safety issue that needs to be addressed ASAP.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, as I know you folks really know your stuff!

Cheers and Stay Warm!

Rhainy

Ranger44

Ford Technician
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Best thing to do is find a junkyard bumper(like $25 at a u-pull-it). A new bumper would be about a $100 shipped on ebay. An auto body shop will charge more for the part, plus labor (very pricey).

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
a replacement bumper is fairly cheap at a junkyard (50 where i go) and it is as simple as 4 bolts and poof its replaced. if the brackets are messed up, then get the brackets with the bumper at the junkyard.

predator

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Manual
or take the oppurtunity and build your own:icon_thumby:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals