• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Asked often "can you paint my rig"

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Windows has a very useful tool built into it called "paint".

Paint uses photos and opens them in "pixel".

Photoshop & Illustrator type programs use "vector" << not needed information about "basic" can you turn my white rig red help.

Getting back to "paint" and pixel (for this discussion all is with pixel).

Changing the colour of your rig is easy if you have time and a bit of patients. (15 minutes for basic).

Pixel based pictures are made useing "dots".

1. to make a white rig red... find the picture you want to paint, make a COPY of the original so you have more than one (incase you have only one pic that is what you are playing with, RIGHT click on it and you will see an option "open with..." choose "paint" if it doesn't show up in the menu go to "choose program" (paint should be there by default).

2. your rig should be there. on the top menu there is "view" go to "custom" and click 800%. This will enlarge your pic you will notice what I mean about "pixels" being dots.

3. On the left side menu is your "tools" pick the one that looks most like a paint brush and a small pop up will appear with "sizes" & lines. play with them and see how easy it is to make changes and what each one does. In the colours section you can make custom shades. with a steady hand on the mouse you can now change the features you want to paint. Everytime you (de-click) the mouse, as in finish a line or "paint" a place, the program will call taht a step in your work. If you accidently make a goof up, you can use the "edit"/"undo" and you will delete the *last* mouse clicked paint step you did.

3a. There are a few basic painting styles in the menu to play with, the spray can is interesting, I suggest you play with them all to mod your art work to its full potential. :)

4. under the "file" menu you get "save & save as" REMEMBER to save your project otherwise your hard work will be lost. Incase you want more control of the mouse you can go to start/settings/control panel/mouse/pointer options/select pointer speed (in XP and pre no idea on newer OS's) and change up the speeds.

(I would make this post complete with screenshots and step by step instructions if there was a way to post it up and a mod makes it sticky for all to see how easy it is for basic paintings.)

Cheers and hope this might help someone. :icon_cheers:

Ozwynn

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
RE Interceptor
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you can't go through it or around it, then go over it.
I use to use paint to make fake IDs........ pixelating the pic made it alot easier to change a Birth date and keep the shading right..... they wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny, but would usually get me passed a bouncer.

jaymegriffiths

Article Contributor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I use to use paint to make fake IDs........ pixelating the pic made it alot easier to change a Birth date and keep the shading right..... they wouldn't stand up to any kind of scrutiny, but would usually get me passed a bouncer.
haha nice.....

Angie

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
92 & 83 project
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
4.0L 302
Transmission
Automatic
Mods, I made the screenshots for this "how to" if you can shoot me a email I can set this up in word and shoot it to you for your proper embedding of it on this page. let me know thanks.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals