• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

east TN trail ride anyone?

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I was thinking about hitting up windrock early to mid dec. anyone want to get something planned?

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
ill be there. on a 4 wheeler though. dont wanna roll my ranger

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
well i dont plan on hitting any of the real hard trails. my bII isnt ready for that yet haha

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
Man, I got trail rides going on to the west of me, & now to the east of me!:annoyed: If things keep going as well as they are right now, hopefully soon I will be able to get some decent tires, fuel the beast, & have some non stop trail ridin' to do! :icon_thumby:

I wanna get in on these trail rides in a bad way, it's driving me insane! :icon_twisted: Right now I'm limited to a friends property & occasionally the nearest mntn (near Winchester Tn)which is an hour drive for me on backroads, lots of good ridin' up there though! :icon_bounceblue:

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
@jims89 i rarely ever do anything too stupid out there. its not smart with no cell service. i stick mainly to muddy stuff and trails as opposed to climbing. once in a while ill stop and watch them do rattle rock, but i dont have enough roundies to try that on a quad

red93terror

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
7.3 turbo
Transmission
Manual
b2 addict you should totally come out. i usually go 2 weekends out of a month, so ill let the both of you know exactly what weekends im going

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
b2 addict you should totally come out. i usually go 2 weekends out of a month, so ill let the both of you know exactly what weekends im going
I want to seriously bad, things are getting better funds wise, just not quite there yet. :sad:

Heck, I still owe RangerSVT & Railman a meet up at LBL! ;brownbag;
Once the funds pick up a little bit more, ya'll be seein' a lot more of the ole tan beast....& my B2 also. :icon_rofl:

I'm now obligated to a west run & an east run, just be patient..... the times, they are a comin'! :icon_cheers:

railman

December 2011 OTOTM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
hey B2, i could possibly make it down to a trail ride near you....

and may even try a East TN g2g....would have to be a Sat.-Sun. thing though...don't want to spend the majority of the time drivin' back and forth, if ya know what i mean....

l8r, John

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i could make it down that way also. its only about 2 hours from me unless your west of nashville.

as far as a run out east i was thinking around dec 12 - 13th. i still have a few more things i need to get ready on my BII, but nothing to major. if someone would rather go somewhere else lets plan it where its within reasonable distance for everyone so we can all enjoy it weather its trucks, atv's or whatever! itll all be fun! i just need to get out for a day or 2!

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
B2 is east of Nash...which would be a 2 hour drive for me....and it is central to all of us ( relatively speaking :D )

so if ya got some trails ya wanna share let us know:icon_thumby:

and the 12th-13th sounds good to me....

l8r, John

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
heck i say we all meet in a cental location. if he's east of nashville than it should be a little under 2 hours from me! that is if B2 is able to ride by then!

so is the date set for the 12 - 13 th of dec? cause im good for that!

I could possibly get a few of my friends to come in their jeeps. (pretty much stock right now) but still fun!

B2 Addict

V8 Engine Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
Solid Axle Swap 4x4
Tire Size
37x12.50-17
If anybody wanted to come this direction, we could go ride the mntn. I have only rode the one major trail that goes through but there are quite a few that cut off & go different directions, I don't know where the others go, but the "main" trail ends up coming out in North Alabama in the middle of BFE.

On the "main" trail, you basically start out on the top of the mntn & then come to a point where you drop down into the valleys, ride a creek bed for a bit, after a while you come to an open spot & then the trail runs beside the creek. You can see several trails going up the mntn to the left of the creek, but I've never been on 'em.

The "main" trail took me about 4+ hours to ride last time I was there. It's not super challenging but there are some spots....it is worth the ride just to get into the woods. I don't remember anything that would stop a "stocker" , but I'm sure there are spots out there. From my house to the trail head, ridin' the trail, & coming back from N. AL on the black top is a full day

The top of the mntn is a little over an hour S.E. of me so ya'll would have a long ride. Ya'll let me know something, I ain't sure what kinda ridin' ya'll are looking to do or if it would be worth the long drive, but trust me, these ain't gravel roads! It's all considered public land & I was told we can ride there all we want by the park rangers themselves, they don't come over there, they watch the other side of the mntn which is off access.

Looking back, that post shouldn't have been so long, but......oh well!

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like a good trail to me. id be down for it!

railman

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
sounds like a good trail to me. id be down for it!
DITTO:icon_thumby:

i too am down for this.....

if the 12th-13th is fine for everyone else...we should post this up in the Events Forum...maybe some others would like to join us:dunno:

l8r, John

jims89broncoII

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
im fine with the dates. we just need to see if B2 is up for it since I guess he will be our "trail guide" since he knows the place. and also get a meeting place and time.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals