• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Anyone run any heat??

Resurrection Ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My Magnum S9 was a replacement to my Galaxy DX99V that someone 5 fingered on me some time ago. I LOVED that radio which sadly is no longer made!

Anyways I paired my S9 with a Wilson 5000 magnet mount and small amp that swings 500w and this was the result. (I will try to get vid/pics at some point)

1st, even with the variable dead key on the amp, at idle my volts would drop quite a bit. If I used it while driving the alt was enough to keep things level.

2nd, at the local car wash when I pulled in my antenna was touching the roof. Without thinking I keyed down to talk to someone I know that runs a base nearby. The carwash wand started to run next to me and I was like WTF.. my carrier was putting minutes on the timer.. NO BS WHATSOEVER!! I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

and finally #3.. this could of gone all wrong. My local bank has a drive up ATM. Yes I know curiousity killed the cat. But it also can set off security alarms. So I went ho hum like nothing was up and pulled away nicely. Didn't even stick around for the party.

You'd be surprised what runs on 27MHZ!

I also knew a guy who made the RR crossing guards go up and down. Then again, he had 8 batteries and 6 alternators. That shoud tell you something.

Jons_playtoy

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
My Magnum S9 was a replacement to my Galaxy DX99V that someone 5 fingered on me some time ago. I LOVED that radio which sadly is no longer made!

Anyways I paired my S9 with a Wilson 5000 magnet mount and small amp that swings 500w and this was the result. (I will try to get vid/pics at some point)

1st, even with the variable dead key on the amp, at idle my volts would drop quite a bit. If I used it while driving the alt was enough to keep things level.

2nd, at the local car wash when I pulled in my antenna was touching the roof. Without thinking I keyed down to talk to someone I know that runs a base nearby. The carwash wand started to run next to me and I was like WTF.. my carrier was putting minutes on the timer.. NO BS WHATSOEVER!! I had tears in my eyes I was laughing so hard.

and finally #3.. this could of gone all wrong. My local bank has a drive up ATM. Yes I know curiousity killed the cat. But it also can set off security alarms. So I went ho hum like nothing was up and pulled away nicely. Didn't even stick around for the party.

You'd be surprised what runs on 27MHZ!

I also knew a guy who made the RR crossing guards go up and down. Then again, he had 8 batteries and 6 alternators. That shoud tell you something.
Well I have some good news if your looking for another DX99, check out this site They have it refurbished for $289 http://www.cbradiosplus.com/shop/pc/viewCategories.asp?idCategory=11

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals