• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

duraspark help

BEEFKING69

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
ok guys i put a duraspared 2.8 in an 87 body and i cant get the thing to stay running unless i hold the key in the crank position. so what i need to know is if i can just run the coil and the ign module to toggle switches? if so i need a detailed exp of how to wire it up. i know the coil should just be on/off but the module has 2 power wires hot in start and one hot in on right? im also gonna put a push button starter on it.

alaskan155

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2002 2000
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
7.3l/4.0l
Transmission
Automatic
you have the wires mixed, 1 should go to the key on, which is the same key on Positive source your coil gets, white wire goes to the starter relay on the PS fender on a terminal thats hot when you turn crank the key(mines on the terminal the start cable is attached to.

schmoo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
83 2.8 ranger
Make / Model
84 2.3 4x4 rang
Transmission
Manual
if you "fixed" the mismatched colors on
the connector coming out of the firewall
it will do that.

Psychopete

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
Sounds pretty hacky. I think you would be happier with getting the wiring diagram for your truck and hooking it up correctly. But I am not a big fan of buttons and mysterious toggle switches. At least run a relay for the coil and ignition module if you do go that route. Should be a 30 minute fix including the time for the soldering iron to heat up. :)

Pete

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals