• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

oil cooler

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
hey guys. I recently got my 2.8 rebuilt and i drive atleast 45 mins to work and mostly highway. Seems like after a long drive i got alot more engine rattle than when its cold and i think (other than readjusting the rockers again) i would like to get a oil cooler added. I saw a thing in the tech articles earlier about and oil cooler adapter that came on the police cars and some 2.3 turbos. If possible what could i use on my 2.8 that i could run a trans cooler for my oil? any ideas. Im goin to be working on my 2.9 tomorrow and see how the oil cooler is run to get some ideas but wanted to see what other ideas were out there for our 2.8s. thanks in advanced.

Matt

dangerranger83

5.0 HO under the hood!!!
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO carbed with an np435 and np208
Transmission
Manual
I think you can put an oil cooler on it. I'm not going to because it gets cold where I live and putting one on wouldn't be the best idea for me, I barely get heat out of my truck in the winter. But I think people have done it.

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
any ideas anyone?

bigswede

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I had one on my `86 B2 off of a turbo t-bird or mustang SVO, I cant remember. It went between the oil filter and the boss on the block, and connected to water hoses.

okietheranger

V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
5.0 HO
Transmission
Manual
well the oil fliter adptor u gotta use for a v-8 swap i belive is what ur looking for and u can just run the hoes to a cooler insted of relocating it.. i could be wrong

bagdranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
well after i posted this i went to the tech page and saw an article where it said add a oil cooler and it says somethin bout the 5.0 mustang and 2.3 turbos had this oil cooler.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals