• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Looking for front end ideas...

pacodiablo

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
I want to do something in the front of the Explorer that will both protect the steering rack/trans cooler/radiator from damage and provide a secure way to pull the truck from the front when it gets stuck. I was going to just throw on a front receiver and make a skid plate that would attach to the receiver, but it seems that nobody makes a front hitch for 95 Explorers. All of the hitches I have seen are for 91-94 or 99-01 models. I am guessing the only reason 99-01 hitches will not work is because of the different bumper design, but I do not want to switch to the newer bumper because they are all plastic and I can't just go bumperless since this truck has to remain a street legal daily driver.

Warn does make a Trans4mer grille guard with a winch mount and receiver that would be perfect, but at $500, I'm hesitant. I only spent $950 on the whole truck and I'd like to keep it within a reasonable budget.

So are there any other options? I know I'll probably end up having to do some fab work, but seeing as I'm not very skilled, and will probably have limited to no access to the proper equipment, I'd rather stick to premade stuff as much as possible.

If someone makes a complete steel bumper replacement for these trucks, similar to what Warn offers for Jeeps and Toyotas, I'd be interested. I would pay big bucks for a complete bumper replacement, just not $500 for a grille guard on steroids.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals