• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Another question

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The level of difficulty would depend on how much detail you want in the final image. The more detail the longer it will take to make. Shading is another issue, you would have to plan out what areas get shaded. Line thickness - the outer border, around windows and major details would get a heavier line that say a body line or the inner details of the wheel.
The entire work would be similar to tooning a vehicle. I began a digital render of my Ranger a while back, I was putting a lot of detail into it and put it aside in the name of sanity.

Here is a beemer silhouette I did for someone:

ANd here is the Ranger in Progress - I know it is not like the ones you linked to, but anything is possible - the more you want in it, the harder it will be. BTW - the headlight and turn is from scratch.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
The Ranger one is looking nice. :icon_thumby:

As far as outlines, just ones like in the link are fine. I do not need any shading (maybe wheel wells but doesn't have to be); I'll just be using this to show cornering, acceleration/deceleration, misc. forces for my chassis design class.

If you want to put an artist sig or something like it in the corner, it would be cool too; then everyone knows who did it for me (got to give credit where its due). :icon_thumby:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Any specific year model you looking for? Considering your intentions I could use a side view of my truck as it is lowered and used for street performance. Let me know - may be a day or so - how soon you need something?

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I was hoping to get it of my truck, but at this moment all I have is a frontal view:

Try to get a side shot of it tonight.

Thanks

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Cool - That one look pretty good for a front image.

triumphrider-1

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford F150
Engine Size
3.7L
Transmission
Automatic
I got a side shot this morning (a little busy last night), not the greatest so if you want me to take another one let me know:

Thanks

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
That is pretty dark, it can be lightened. But it may lose detail. I started on the front image, spent about 30 min on it and only got the grill and part of the hood done. It will take A LOT of work to do and get a respectable image like those in the link.
I wanted to see how long it would take, in retrospect this would not be a simple chop - so PM me if you want to work out something. I think it would look great when done, just more than I have free time for right now - it may take a week or so for a completed image.

Edit: 6:45pm - I tried working with the side view, size is good, but the image resolution causes too much pixelation when I zoom in - no details can be seen.

If you can send me a higher resolution pic by e-mail it would work better

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals