• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

deadliest catch

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
anyone watch the series premiere last night? They made it seem like the wizard sinks at some point when they did the little preview of the season in the beginning of the show. Oh boy...

Ranger22

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
I haven't, but I've watched this series religiously when it first aired. It's a pretty cool show.

daniel3507

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
i missed it but that is one of the coolest shows on tv. that new show with billy mays is on tonight

Jon581

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i watched it,i love that show i even got my gf into it.

skippy

U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.8l durasparked rice killer
Transmission
Manual
Guilty,I saw it and watch every episode.

KELLY88

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 2005
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 4.0
Transmission
Automatic
Didn't see that one but have seen most of the other seasons. Great show. Those guys are truly badass. I couldn't do that job.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
anyone watch the series premiere last night? They made it seem like the wizard sinks at some point when they did the little preview of the season in the beginning of the show. Oh boy...
I hope not, that is my favorite ship on the show. Plus they just put $400k in it over the summer.

It is by far the oldest ship on there, built in 1945 as a yard oiler for the US Navy and I think the last of her class in existance. (if not the last close to it)

They did show a mayday call for someone at the end of the show, but I didn't think the name sounded familier at all.

Last edited:

wrecking-crew

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
06 chevy
Make / Model
88 ranger
Engine Size
6 cylinders
Transmission
Manual
did that new captain guy blake sink? i seen the name Blake on the deadliest catch before the premeire one...and i dont see his ship

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
did that new captain guy blake sink? i seen the name Blake on the deadliest catch before the premeire one...and i dont see his ship
I think he made a bunch of people mad at him and got mad at a bunch of people. I don't remember what exactly happened, but I do remember thinking "I bet he won't be back on the show" and he wasn't.

Chevelle Kid

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
The Mayday call was from a small Cod fishing boat. The Wizard'd only mishap so far was the boat hit the captian in the head when he was diving under it...lol

Ben

chico4554

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yea the one on tuesday showed that the Katmai was the boat that sunk. Sad story, 11 guys on the vessel, only 4 rescued. They were in 40 foot seas with 80 knot winds...on a life raft. Crazy! I guess the steering went out, not sure if they were taking on water before or after that.

AllanD

TRS Technical Staff
TRS Technical Advisor
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987... sorta
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
'93 4.0
Transmission
Manual
I hope not, that is my favorite ship on the show. Plus they just put $400k in it over the summer.

It is by far the oldest ship on there, built in 1945 as a yard oiler for the US Navy and I think the last of her class in existance. (if not the last close to it)

They did show a mayday call for someone at the end of the show, but I didn't think the name sounded familier at all.
Actually what happened is they were going from their dock over to the fuel dock but someone idiot in the engine room left a fuel valve CLOSED and those marine diesels don't run too well when the fuel pump is trying to make a vacuum against a closed fuel feed valve...

They got it opened and engine restarted.

That job is something I wouldn't want to try, but if I had to go out there it'd be on either the Northwestern or the Time Bandit
Those crews both liik like they have a sense of humor, most of the others look like their assholiness exceeds their humor.

I'll eat crab any time I can, because like Edgar Johansen says:
"Do you know how hard we work to catch these F***ers?"

AD

Last edited:

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Actually what happened is they were going from their dock over to the fuel dock but someone idiot in the engine room left a fuel valve CLOSED and those marine diesels don't run too well when the fuel pump is trying to make a vacuum against a closed fuel feed valve...

They got it opened and engine restarted.

That job is something I wouldn't want to try, but if I had to go out there it'd be on either the Northwestern or the Time Bandit
Those crews both liik like they have a sense of humor, most of the others look like their assholiness exceeds their humor.

I'll eat crab any time I can, because like Edgar Johansen says:
"Do you know how hard we work to catch these F***ers?"

AD
It was two months ago during king crab that the fishing vessel sunk, this is a pretty old thread.

I like the Wizard the best of the boats, it just looks the part. Its big, it looks official, it is just all around neat. The Northwestern is sportier looking and it is neat that their dad had it built and they have extended it twice to keep it competitive. The rest of the boats don't really have much of a history, history of mechanical things intrigues me.

Personally if I was the captain of the Wizard, I would have tried the tarp thing (if at all) they did this week when the weather was calm rather than in the thick of it, now about everybody that was anybody is out of action.

I don't which boat I would rather be on, they can all be nice and they all have their moments where I would take off it wasn't such a swim back to port.

I did get a chuckle about the fuel valve turned off thing, that is a running joke with our old tractors, it seems whenever they give problems 99% of the time it is because we forgot to turn the gas on (my WD-45 gets really dramatic)

I wonder if it was a safety thing for water in the fuel that shut the fuel valve off on them though, right after they got it back to the dock they got that fixed. I don't know the layout of their fuel system, but they would have had to have ran it awhile to get it warmed up before they left the dock, and to get as far as they did it would have taken more fuel (I think) than what would have been in the lines and filters with the valve suposedly in the engine room. I imagine that Cat probably goes thru fuel pretty quick.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals