• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

iac valve question for SC

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
running an m62 xterra supercharger on my 4.0. building the intake plenum. my question is the thunderbird throttlebody has an integrated iac valve... so would i be able to use the TB off of the tbird instead of having to make a bracket for my ranger iac valve to attach to on the intake plenum?

98blownranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I have not worked with that tbody but it you can wire it up yes you can. or try the one for the 5.0 fox body stangs. they have the IAC on the tbody also

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I use the Mustang throttle body and IAC valve without trouble. It should work for you!

AKBroncoII

Reaction score
The IAC looks the same from my 4.0 to the 3.8 M90. I'm just going to use the tbird TB with the 4.0 IAC. Going to try to mount my M90 like it is on the Tbird but I might end up mounting it like the M62 on yours.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
The IAC looks the same from my 4.0 to the 3.8 M90. I'm just going to use the tbird TB with the 4.0 IAC. Going to try to mount my M90 like it is on the Tbird but I might end up mounting it like the M62 on yours.
If you're referring to ME, my M 90 is mounted to the side of the engine. I'm using a Mustang throttle body and IAC valve. It wires the same way as the stock one for the Ranger.

Snurfer

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
perfect. im glad that the IAC valves match up. thanks for everyones help!! i appreciate it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals