• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

sct tuner

stackz

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
anyone know if the sct tuners support the ranger ecu?? I'm thinking it probably will but not sure.

just picked up a 96 ranger from my dad for $500 and wanna fool around with it haha.

got a complete spare t3 setup off one of my turbocoupe parts cars w/injectors, etc.

I would like to retain the MAF setup though versus going backwards to a VAM setup...

oh yeah, are the stock ranger injectors high or low impedance?

Bill G

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.8
Transmission
Manual
anyone know if the sct tuners support the ranger ecu?? I'm thinking it probably will but not sure.
No tuner supports the Ranger ECU

got a complete spare t3 setup off one of my turbocoupe parts cars w/injectors, etc.
Use the computer from the Turbo Coupe no tuner required but if you could still be able to tune it later on if wanted.

I would like to retain the MAF setup though versus going backwards to a VAM setup...
Not really going backward but it's apples and oranges. If you have all the stuff from the turbo coupe, you should use that to get started. And it would be cheaper to in the beginning

oh yeah, are the stock ranger injectors high or low impedance?
They are high impedance and can not be used with the turbo coupe ECU. They also won't support much boost

stackz

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I hate vams, have hated them since I first started goofing with TC's and svo's...

as for the high impedance, at least I know I could use regular mustang injectors now.

you sure an sct tuner cant be used with this ecu??

I'm a business trip in orlando right now so I dont exactly have access to the ecu to get the strategy code off of it but sct pretty much supports all the obd-2 ecu's up to 2001 is why I was asking.

If anyone has a spare 96 ranger 2.3 ecu around, and can get me the strategy code off the case label I can look it up.

Davis

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I'm pretty sure SCT does support the ranger ECU.

Check over at the turborangerforums. Jess Warren has been doing some awesome stuff with his OBDII ranger.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
contact sct flash directly or talk to gottagofast on here as he has one on his trk. best to find a dealer in your area and spend time on the dyno w/ it as gottagofast suggested. i was considering it but i have no dealers or dynos available in my area so i am considering the megasquirt standalone. if you have no experience tuning you def want to talk to somebody that does or you could fry your motor or computer if you play around w/ it.

stackz

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
I've got tuning experience. about the only thing I'd be paying for outside the cost of the truck would be for the SCT plus the extra tuning software and a wideband w/gauge.

then probably once I toast the stock truck 2.3 I'd dig into my 2.3t parts pile and put something really fun together.

like I said, this is a $500 truck that will only seriously get used maybe 3x/year.

other than that, it would be my test bed of doom for the 2.3 platform as I've been relatively sedate with the rest of my 2.3/2.3t vehicles lol.

rurouni20xx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0L V6
Transmission
Automatic
i see well i guess theres nothing like a test model. gotta love the vehicle that goes thru hell and still keeps moving.

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
sct and tweecer both support the 4.0 with eecv as well as sniper tuning

Bill G

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3, 2.8
Transmission
Manual
I didn't know that there was so many tuners out there. I guess I will have to do more reading. I see that SCT even has burned chips for 93 and down Rangers.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals