• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

o2 sensor wire

ready to rebuild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
which wire do i hook up my air fuel ratio gauge to? 93 2.3

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
de grey one wit de light-blue stripe.

ready to rebuild

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
thanks man it wasnt covered in my manual and was driving me crazy

majik455

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
is it ok to splice into a exsisting one for the computer or would you suggest a seprate o2 sensor. does before or after the cat make a diff?
thanks
Ron

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
is it ok to splice into a exsisting one for the computer or would you suggest a seprate o2 sensor. does before or after the cat make a diff?
thanks
Ron
I'd splice it into the existing harness. The only thing an "after cat" O2 sensor will do is verify the function of the converter. If you're using the O2 sensor to adjust your air / fuel ratio, it needs to go in FRONT of the cat.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i disagree.

i would either fork over the cash for a wide-band O2, or not bother with an A/F ratio gauge at all. the factory sensor spends its time cycling from rich to lean, the computer averages the signal to control the long term fuel trim. your gauge wont average the numbers so its just going to reflect the rich-lean-rich-lean cycling of the narrow band O2 sensor every few seconds. its not going to be very especially if your trying to tune the engine after a major power increase.

anupaum

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
i disagree.
With what? The question referred to the placement of the O2 sensor.

i would either fork over the cash for a wide-band O2, or not bother with an A/F ratio gauge at all. the factory sensor spends its time cycling from rich to lean, the computer averages the signal to control the long term fuel trim. your gauge wont average the numbers so its just going to reflect the rich-lean-rich-lean cycling of the narrow band O2 sensor every few seconds. its not going to be very especially if your trying to tune the engine after a major power increase.
I tuned mine quite successfully with a narrow band sensor. When I went to the wide band, a little bit of tweaking here and there was all that was necessary. Tuning wasn't very difficult at all, especially when I had computerized tools to help me develop a good fuel map. Megalog Viewer has the capacity to create customized fuel maps based on data developed from actual driving--it's a poor man's dyno, and it worked really well.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
i disagree with splicing into the existing O2, and reccomend getting a seperate, wide-band sensor.

i didnt say you couldnt tune with a narrow band...but as you found out, you cant tune as well as you can with a wide band.

Yellowsplash

U.S. Military - Active
U.S. Military - Veteran
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
Just splice in a separate wire off of the output wire of the o2 sensor wiring and run that to your gauge...there is no need for another narrowband sensor to be installed. As said before, a narrowband is more of a switch between lean and rich. While it will show a steady reading at WOT and show you the general area, the lack of accuracy is not worth blowing your motor. If your looking to actually tune your vehicle, you should be looking into a wideband.

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals