• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how do i turbo my truck with no MAF

ncsdaonex

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.3L 4 cylider
Transmission
Manual
it does not have a mass air flow sensor, instead it has 2 small hoses going into the air cleaner assembly. Please give detailed instructions. I need the computer to tell the injectors to put more gas into the intake when the turbo forces more air into the intake, and i am using the stock motor. The truck is an 89 ranger 2.3L.

turbo cat

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
exploder
Engine Size
4.0ohv turbocharged
Transmission
Manual
the easiest way would be to go with a full turbo coupe/svo stang/or merkur swap. if you get a whole turbocoupe you will have a turbo built long block, a turbo, the lines, fuel system, adn engine managment to back it up.

if your trying to get a few lbs of boost to feed your 2.3 you will want to kee pthe boost low and use a FMU/bigger pump/wideband to tuen the AFRs or look into megasquirt to actually get into tuning. i will say again that you will make things easier if you do a whole turbo 2.3L swap

Sevensecondsuv

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Many
Make / Model
All Fords!
Engine Size
Many
Transmission
Manual
The stock 14 lb/hr injectors on you truck won't flow enough to support any boost at all. You need to get the complete matched system of computer, injectors, VAM (vane air flow meter) and other sensors off a ford turbo car.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals