• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

New to TRS....Carb issues

acelcobra

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Hope someone here can help me out. I cannot get my BII to idle. It fast idles for about 30 seconds and then dies. Upon restart, it will only idle for a few seconds. I can keep it running, only if I apply a good amount of throttle, and even then it sputters intermittenly. It's an '84 2.8, and I just rebuilt the carb. Also having some issues with the vacuum routing as I'm not sure I got all of the lines correct. The diagram under the hood is really vague and the diagrams in the TechLibrary don't look the same. I took pictures of the routing diagram under my hood, but I'm not sure where to post them for those that are good at reading them.
Please help, the snow will be falling soon, and I'll be needing the 4x4.
Thanx in advance

OldJunk

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984ish
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8l V6 (Home Rebuild!) 2100 motorcraft carb
Transmission
Manual
You probably dont want to hear this but.....alot of the emiss controls that those vac. lines go to probably dont work after 24 years and are part of the problem. I know you need the vehicle running ASAP, but in the long run if you can get away with it, strip off all that emiss crap get rid of that 2150 feedback carb, replace it w/ non feedback 2150 and eventually do the dura spark conv. described on this site. Sorry couldnt be more help but ive been where you are and had to walk away in disgust.

enginepaul

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1995, 2001, 200
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
The duraspark is best if it is legal.
You will have to test each line separately to find the leaking one - if it is a line. those hard plastic lines can start to crack and split and have to be replaced with rubber hoses.
I had a problem with a leaking cap on that tree behind the carb, but there can be a few other causes of a leak that isn't directly connected to the carb.
Pull codes and see if that will help find the problem.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals