• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

how big are your tires

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
With in reason how big a tire can these little motors throw around? I still want to be able to drive 65mph on a flat without it taking 5 min to reach that speed. I have 5.13 gears as well. I currently have 33, but am thinking of 36" ish maybe? Please post what you got and how you like your combo. Thanks.

ranger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda B4000
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
2.9L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
5.13 is geared pretty high i would go with 35s it would be pretty close to stock

Hahnsb2

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
88-95
Make / Model
Ford-Dodge
Engine Size
4.0-5.2 Turbo
Transmission
Manual
I wouldn't go bigger than 35s.

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
Does anyone wheel this engine with anything larger then 34" tires? Just want peoples thoughts of what they got. Do you like your setup or not?

WhiteTrashDoc

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L
Transmission
Manual
I have a 84 Ranger with the 2.8 that used to turn 36x14.50x15 SuperSwamper TSL Radials. And it actually did good in the mud and such. I could get 65 on the highway when it was flat. But it hated hills and I couldn't keep anything above 50 on steep hills and had to always down shift into 3rd to even attempt that. I am not sure what gears I have in it. It was built when I bought it in 2001, and I haven't had any reason to pull the difs yet? I did have a problem breaking lug studs every few months, In the beginingm I would change each lug stud on that hub, but after awhile, I would just replace the broken once. Howeer, I have blown the motor now. And the odometer only show 64,000 miles. I know it isn't entirely acurate, due to it never being recalibrated after the new tires, but It is still premature for the motor regardless. But then again, I wasn't worried about blowing the motor either. Ever since I bought it, I had plans of dropping a 351W into and new that I would never get around to it with it still running. And while I didn't try to blow the motor on purpose, I back off it much either. It did great in the mud, and rarely did I ever have any complaints about it. Now I am just waiting to find a truck with a 351W, C4, and a 205 in it that I can steal everything from to get my truck up and running again. I am going to replace the whole drive train from the wingnut on the air cleaner to the axles and exhaust. Just waiting on the time and money though. Seems when I have the time, I don't have the money and vice versa. But hopefully here soon.

small ranger

Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Engine Size
171 c.i. of fury
Transmission
Manual
thanks for the info.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals