• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Ranger gt

ranger gt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Just so yins know, i took my truck to Pittsburgh Raceway Park, P.R.P last week, it has 315-35-17 Nitto Extreme Drags on the Rear, Leaving hard at the light, the best time was a 17.22, which aint bad since i weigh 300 lbs, hell with a 100 lb driver woulda got in the 16ns . When i was on my way to buy the truck, I thought ( oh great, i have a 4 hour ride back, this thing is going to take a shit on the side of the turnpike) But it ran great, Got really good gas mileage, and when i got it home and felt safe, rippin on it around town , with the 14inchers i could destroy 1st, and rip second a little, nice strips left behind for 2.9, Runs good, really happy, Would love a Windsor in this thing,but you guys say dont mess with it so.....................:icon_idea:

Captain Ledd

Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1997
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
302, 2.3
Transmission
Manual
My credo
If you're not making mistakes, you're not learning.
Ultimately it's your truck. Though it is sad to see some of the more special models get hacked apart. There is always pepping up the 2.9 a touch, might make it a little more fun..

> Clicky? <

Last edited:

shorangerbird

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
-I say do it. its your ride, and no one else is making your payments for you. why not?? i mean dont hack it to death, be tasteful with it.....my .02......

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I always thought it would be neat to stuff a 2.3T into a GT.

I don't mind swaps as long as they look like they could have came that way when they are done.

Last edited:

longbedGTs

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I was a purist with all my GTs...not wanting to hack apart such a rare vehicle. Then, I said "why be unhappy with something just because you want it stock and original?" My point is, make it into something Ford SHOULD have done. Stick a v8 in it or a 2.3T or whatever.
Im considering going with a built 2.3T/T5 in my 88 GT, but I wont do any modifications I cant undo. If I wanted to put it back to stock, then I will and you'd never know otherwise.

BTW, I got a 17.7 out of a peg legged 3.73 88 GT I had. It sput through first and got traction in second. I also went off the end of the track but we wont talk about that. :idiot:

88gt

RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
2.3t swap in prog...
Transmission
Manual
im with shorangerbird up there. Its your truck, just be tasteful if your take it away from stock condition. NOone wants to see a hacked up gt. Too many ppl are capable of tearing things to pieces. True automotive people can make it look like it was there from the factory...only BETTER!

ScottT80

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I would love to see a 2.3 Turbo and a T5 in a GT... I've thought of going that route with mine...

Mutant Pony

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I agree as well. Putting a SBC in it would deserve a kick in the teeth but, a 5.0 or 5.8 done like it came from the factory would be RIGHT. IMO the 2.9 is wrong. Keep everything so that it can go back together stock though.

HOT_ROD_CAR

U.S. Military - Veteran
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
351 Cleveland
Transmission
Automatic
Just so yins know, i took my truck to Pittsburgh Raceway Park, P.R.P last week, it has 315-35-17 Nitto Extreme Drags on the Rear, Leaving hard at the light, the best time was a 17.22, which aint bad since i weigh 300 lbs, hell with a 100 lb driver woulda got in the 16ns . When i was on my way to buy the truck, I thought ( oh great, i have a 4 hour ride back, this thing is going to take a shit on the side of the turnpike) But it ran great, Got really good gas mileage, and when i got it home and felt safe, rippin on it around town , with the 14inchers i could destroy 1st, and rip second a little, nice strips left behind for 2.9, Runs good, really happy, Would love a Windsor in this thing,but you guys say dont mess with it so.....................:icon_idea:
I would go for a V8. I have put two V8 Rangers together and you won't believe it until you drive one! :headbang:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals