• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

almost done

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6 durasparked holley 350
Transmission
Manual
anyone else wanna comment on there conversion mines givin me hell. i got all the parts listed on the right up an some things dont match up well. my cap isnt on my new distributor real well like rocks around, had to get new bolt for distributor hold down, have to find new coil wire for new coil, got all wires lined up an hooked it all up an jus turned the key on to see what would have an my coil sparks to the pos. an neg. terminals on it but i dont have a coil wire on it yet. an wat exactly do i have to take off to get it running right? an what about the vacuum line from the distributor to the carb? any help would be great.

85general

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8 V6 durasparked holley 350
Transmission
Manual
well stopped all sparkin an turned it over an listened to the back firing awhile then checked to see if i had spark an sure enough big blue spark so i guess i hooked everything up right lol

ammocj

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
I dunno, mine seemed easy following the instructions here on TRS.
I made sure I bought all the parts for the same vehicle (1978 Pinto V-6) and my cap rotor etc matched right up.

For the coil wire fix, I took the old distro cap and hit it with a hammer. Broke off one of the nipples and ground the lower end down on the bench grinder until it fit in the coil and had metal/metal contact. I made sure it worked then epoxied it in place. Now new style wires pop right on.

Only problems I still have is I need to adjust the metering block on the stock carb every so often since I made it from cheap rubber. I will make another from aluminum or plastic eventually.

Mine runs very nice now. Starts easily and throttle responce is crisp.
It is definately worth the time spent getting it right.
Al

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals