• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

04 Ranger Supercharge install

HybridConceptz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Hello everyone.. First off let me introduce myself since this will be my first post on these forums, My name is Shane im a 23yr old guy and im out of Detroit, MI. I have a 2004 Ranger Edge 4.0 4X4 automatic which i love. Im fairly new with the ranger scenne so i am a newbie and i realize that and know that i am not better then anyone here. Here is my question.. I know a guy with a 1994 Ranger 4.0L and he has a vortech supercharger kit installed with a Diablo chip. Hes getting ready to sell it, (then sell his truck) and i was wondering if his kit and chip will work on my truck.. if so will there be any complications, and is it worth 400.00 for everything? Thanks everyone!

exbass94

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
2006, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0 SOHC, 4.0 OHV
Transmission
Automatic
Most likely no, it won't work because he has a different 4.0 than you. The chip will also definitely not work. There is a supercharger kit availabel for your 4.0 but it's very pricey. I think it's around $3-4000. I would check eBay for used ones though.

HybridConceptz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
thats not good HmmMmMmmm.. how much of a difference is the motor? like completely different or just a little

HybridConceptz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
if someone could show me a side by side comparison of the engine bays it would be GREATLY appreciated

HybridConceptz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
Well i did some mroe research, and it looks like i can get a mounting bracket built to accomidate the kit, from there the DeltaChip from the 94 WILL WORK i just need to get it re-flashed. anyone know if a direct bracket that i can purchase instead of having one fabbed?

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Well i did some mroe research, and it looks like i can get a mounting bracket built to accomidate the kit, from there the DeltaChip from the 94 WILL WORK i just need to get it re-flashed. anyone know if a direct bracket that i can purchase instead of having one fabbed?
94- 2004 US and Canadian computers have no interchangeable parts. 94 is OBDI and 2004 is OBDII. These are two totally different protocols and the latter monitors WAY more stuff. A chip for a 94 would not have the ability to cope with the 2004's data stream.

HybridConceptz

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Transmission
Automatic
but the computer doesent need any interchangeable parts it plugs into the board itself. the diablo revolution chip that i have is usable on both year vehicles where it plugs in according to Diablosport. (i called the tech line and went on the forums) i realize the obd1/2 difference but it still works. it just has to be re-flashed to handle my computer. its not a piggy-back system that plugs into a cable it litterally plugs into the board of the computer (and i have taken mine out and checked that it fits) whereas i took it out of his truck originally.

(EDIT: I will take pictures and try and have them up tomarrow night for proof)

c_note

September 2009 OTOM Winner
OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger/Explorer
Engine Size
4.0 sohc
Transmission
Manual
i know of a guy who builds the kit for $1500. the supercharger itself is not included but u can buy them on ebay for under 300 bucks. you can run everything stock (injectors, computer etc) and gain about 50 hp. if you tune it, it can give you gains of up to 100+ hp.

ill look him up if interested.

Jason

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
(formerly) 200
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
but the computer doesent need any interchangeable parts it plugs into the board itself. the diablo revolution chip that i have is usable on both year vehicles where it plugs in according to Diablosport. (i called the tech line and went on the forums) i realize the obd1/2 difference but it still works. it just has to be re-flashed to handle my computer. its not a piggy-back system that plugs into a cable it litterally plugs into the board of the computer (and i have taken mine out and checked that it fits) whereas i took it out of his truck originally.

(EDIT: I will take pictures and try and have them up tomarrow night for proof)
Please check that out. I looked them up in the catalog and they use totally different plugs.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals