• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Bent bumper

Walmart Security

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
heres the deal...i was sitting at the drive through at mcdonalds and a car rearended me...making me hit the car in front of me...the back bumper was pushed in alittle but BUT the front bumper got pushed down. when i say down i mean where the bumper meets the fenders on both sides. my question is...how do i un bend it? is it even possable? the bumper itself does not appear to be bent it looks like the mounts are bent or something
EDIT: the driver did not have insurance (the police were called) im just trying to avoid a 500 dollar deductable to get it fixed

Last edited:

metalmacguyver

Yeah, I built that.
OTOTM Winner
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1997, 1994
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 7.3
Transmission
Manual
Bending bumpers back is very diffiult. I would recommend trying to get a check from the insurance company and getting a bumper from a junkyard to swap on. The bumper comes off with 4 bolts.

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
heres the deal...i was sitting at the drive through at mcdonalds and a car rearended me...making me hit the car in front of me...the back bumper was pushed in alittle but BUT the front bumper got pushed down. when i say down i mean where the bumper meets the fenders on both sides. my question is...how do i un bend it? is it even possable? the bumper itself does not appear to be bent it looks like the mounts are bent or something
EDIT: the driver did not have insurance (the police were called) im just trying to avoid a 500 dollar deductable to get it fixed
If the bumper itself doesn't appear bent, I would loosen up the bumper mounting bolts and see if you can reposition it. There is a good deal of play there, and you might be able to position it back to normal that way.

hick

Birdman09

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
come a long and biggest hammer you can swing

Walmart Security

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
well i just went to ford to get an estimate...2,500 dollars is what they quoted me time to pay my deductable

hitech_hick

Reaction score
Transmission
Automatic
well i just went to ford to get an estimate...2,500 dollars is what they quoted me time to pay my deductable
$2,500? You could have a bitchin' custom bumper and a winch (even a little red one) for that kinda money.

hick

Walmart Security

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Im going tomorrow to buy a new bumper. what (if any other year) bumper is the same as the 98 chrome xlt?

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals