• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Calling All Photoshoppers

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Just wanted to call out to all the members that have and use Photoshop. It does not matter if you are a newbie or a seasoned veteran - post up some pics of your favorites. I am including two of my favorite automotive chops here, I have been working with PS for over 10 years and love every minute of it.

I will post more later . . .

My Pontiac Solstice Chop

My VW GTi Euro Chop

So let's see what you have done . . . :icon_thumby: :bye:

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
My horrible chopjob.

This is what I want to build someday, Its a 1999 Ford Windstar Sport on bogger tires. I call it "The Gator". It was inspired by my mothers minivan. The thing has more torque than my ranger :(

I'm still debating the visor. I don't really like it. It may be because its either out of proportion, or just plain ugly.

Last edited:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My horrible chopjob.

This is what I want to build someday, Its a 1999 Ford Windstar Sport on bogger tires. I call it "The Gator". It was inspired by my mothers minivan. The thing has more torque than my ranger :(

I'm still debating the visor. I don't really like it. It may be because its either out of proportion, or just plain ugly.
Not horrible Koda - just needs a little TLC. A word of advice - work on you selection skills - like using the Pen Tool or Polygonal Lasso they will give you a smoother edge.

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Not horrible Koda - just needs a little TLC. A word of advice - work on you selection skills - like using the Pen Tool or Polygonal Lasso they will give you a smoother edge.
I'm working with 7.0, I hate it. My school uses CS3.

I do use the lasso tool to select, I just have trouble with what I select, so I end up erasing it out. I did that one fast though, I needed it in another thread. So I only spent around 10 minutes on it.

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
I downloaded CS3 a little while ago, cant do anything with it though, and its not use trying to help me, Hazmat already tried and i was just born to suck at PS, thanks anyways hazmat!

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I downloaded CS3 a little while ago, cant do anything with it though, and its not use trying to help me, Hazmat already tried and i was just born to suck at PS, thanks anyways hazmat!
:icon_cheers: LOL

Yeah PS can be a pain at first, that was the way I felt about 10 years ago. But I kept at it and also bought a PS training program that really helped me. But for the most part I just tried everything I could and eventually got the hang of it. Like I said before and will say again - never turn down a good tutorial if it helps you in the end. Try those sites I mentioned in the thread Koda started they are golden.

You are welcome Boggin . . .

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
what my main problem is getting the different shades of one color, i can get a solid colour, i just cant get like just say where there is a glare i cant get that done its all just a solid colour, thanks

Jim Oaks

Just some guy with a website
Administrator
Founder / Site Owner
Supporting Vendor
Article Contributor
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS Banner 2012-2015
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
GMRS Radio License
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1996 / 2021
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0 / 2.3 Ecoboost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
6-inches
Tire Size
33x12.50x15
How many people here photoshop?

koda6966

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I think theres at least a couple other people. I know its not just me and Hazmat that do the chops in the Photoshop thread I made. I'd check, but its 2:14 AM and I need sleep because not only do I have a physical tomorrow, but I have to order a new leaf spring hanger, and cut the old one off.
Sleepy+Grinder=Bad.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Ford's New Mudstar

Koda: Hope ya don't mind me doing a remake of your new Mudstar, the wheels have opposite angles because it has 4 wheel steering LOL

Jim - I live and breathe Photoshop - the wife sometimes thinks of it as the other woman - lol :rolleyes: :icon_confused:

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I think theres at least a couple other people. I know its not just me and Hazmat that do the chops in the Photoshop thread I made. I'd check, but its 2:14 AM and I need sleep because not only do I have a physical tomorrow, but I have to order a new leaf spring hanger, and cut the old one off.
Sleepy+Grinder=Bad.
Sleepy + Grinder = No Fingers :fie: :no2:

Boggin

Reaction score
Transmission
Manual
koda should sell the idea to ford! make it come stock with a SAS too..:D

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
My latest photoshop - TRS Logo - nothing wrong with the current one - I just wanted to do something. I did add a bit more depth with some highlights and shadows.

Hazmat Ranger

May 2009 STOTM
U.S. Military - Veteran
MTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
what my main problem is getting the different shades of one color, i can get a solid colour, i just cant get like just say where there is a glare i cant get that done its all just a solid colour, thanks
Boggin - doing a color change on a vehicle can be daunting. The basic concepts will not work very well, as you said - solid colors and no highlights. Try the following:

Select the colored body section, or whatever area you want to change, and copy it onto a new layer (control + J). Then click on Image, Adjustment, Replace Color: A dialog box will open and allow you to select the colors and then change them to a new color. Use the eye dropper to select a single color and the eye dropper with a + next to it to add other shades (highlights and shadows). Fuzziness at the top can help include more shades or restrict them.
Use the sliders at the bottom to adjust the Hue = color, Saturation = Intensity, and the Lightness = dark or bright colors. Make sure you click the Colorize Checkbox before adjusting colors.

This is just one method, I have used others that take many more steps/

Goodluck and post some chops, especially if you have questions.

:clapping:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals