• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

How do i take off the emblems?

Disturbed_Ranger

Reaction score
Hey guys. I wan't to shave my truck. How do i take off the ranger emblems and the 4x4 and edge stickers? Can i do it without taking off some paint? My car is going for a compound on thursday so i wan't to do this before. Thanks for the help!

ranger1999 Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
with the metal looking ones you can take a thin wire or a single blade razor to them as close to the emblem as you can and then use paint thinner or goo gone to take the remaining gasket off the blue oval in the grille should bolt off or unclip and the stickers should peel off with some aftermarket sticker glue dissolver found at any auto parts store

blackdog89

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
4 inch
fishing line and a good hair dryer or heat gun and goo begone works

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
no reason to be careful with the paint because it takes more than just removing the emblems to "shave" your truck as there are holes behind them.

Mac

Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I've used just rubbing alcohol and a hair dryer to soften it up and then just pry it off.
Dave

krugford

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
no reason to be careful with the paint because it takes more than just removing the emblems to "shave" your truck as there are holes behind them.
Yep, there's gonna be two locating holes behind the emblem that are gonna need filled. Best way to do that is with a welder, which is gonna fry the paint. I wouldn't try just throwing putty or epoxy in there because it's not made to bridge gaps like that and it'll have very little to stick to anyways.

As for the stickers, I would try to just peel them off first. Sometimes they will come right off and sometimes they don't. If they don't try a little heat with a heat gun (be careful) or a hair dryer. Just don't get it too hot!

-krug

ZMan

Forum Staff Member
TRS Forum Moderator
MTOTM Winner
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Rangers
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Drop
4/4, bagged
Yep, there's gonna be two locating holes behind the emblem that are gonna need filled. Best way to do that is with a welder, which is gonna fry the paint. I wouldn't try just throwing putty or epoxy in there because it's not made to bridge gaps like that and it'll have very little to stick to anyways.

As for the stickers, I would try to just peel them off first. Sometimes they will come right off and sometimes they don't. If they don't try a little heat with a heat gun (be careful) or a hair dryer. Just don't get it too hot!

-krug
ya, the newer trucks also have a 1/2" hole behind the emblem, it has a lip so its probably for strength, but it would need a piece of metal welded in to fill it.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals