• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Had a bit of a rough day yesterday...

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Well...

First we had a builder tell us that the heating guys were coming to put the heat coils an stuff in a floor we had to get ready an pour, only to find out after we got there an did all we could that they weren't coming until monday. :banghead: So that was a lil frustrating, but it was nothing compared to what was next on the list of fun for the day...

Since we couldn't go further on that job, we decided to fetch the machine an start on another job. We went over an had to load a roll of wire mesh on the truck before hooking up the trailer, an we wrestle this roll onto the back edge of the truck and I vault over the lumber bar in the back to get in the bed and help get the wire settled in...

Well...the laborer decides to just try giving the roll of wire a good strong shove right as I vault over the bar...

Ya'll can see where this is going I'm sure....

lots of sharp barbs on the ends of those rolls...

It's deep, and it should have had stitches, but I didn't have time to go get them and I don't have the money to pay for a hospital visit anyway. I had mother clean it up an close it up as best as possible (she's a registered nurse), and I've just been trying to make sure it stays clean.

I also wanted to kill the laborer responsible. I know he didn't do it on purpose, but I so wanted to just beat the he!! out of him for that. :buttkick:

But I'm getting ahead of myself...when I went to leave work to go get the cut attended to and because I had to get ready for my final, I learned that my ebrake on my ranger had locked up tighter than the hubs of hell....which didn't promote forward travel.

Got the brakes free, ran out of time at home to print the final paper that was due an figured I'd just do it as soon as I got on campus...

But I didn't count on campus only having ONE printer and it was conveniently out of toner. :temper:

94STXRanger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0, 302
Transmission
Manual
Man. Sounds like you pour conrete. My dad was cutting some ply wood one time with a skill saw when it hooked up and shot back into his thigh. Made a ten inch long cut tothe bone. Nasty. Then a few weeks ago one of our labors was stretching a string line when his nail came loose and rocketed into his elbow about an inch, and that happened the day after my grandpa shattered a steel cutting blade that almost cut his face open. Concrete is a very safe line of work!

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
Most of the injuries we've had has been the direct result of someone being stupid...like that laborer being in a hurry and just shoving the wire in instead of waiting another 10 seconds, so it can be a fairly safe job, all things considered.

Hardwareman

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear about your day of hell buddy!

At least it's not like the photos I saw on one of my jobsites where two guys with framing nail guns started fighting and one of them had about a dozen 3&1/2" nails nailed into his cranium.

I saw the x-ray photos too! It was pretty horrid.

Allen

PaleBlue90

Solid Axle Swap
RBV's on Boost
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
FORD
Engine Size
2.3,2.9 and 4.0
Transmission
Manual
Sorry to hear about your day of hell buddy!

At least it's not like the photos I saw on one of my jobsites where two guys with framing nail guns started fighting and one of them had about a dozen 3&1/2" nails nailed into his cranium.

I saw the x-ray photos too! It was pretty horrid.

Allen
:icon_surprised: holy crap thats nasty lol

4Banger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Transmission
Automatic
Man that sucks. Reminds me of a friend of mine who jumped out off the bed of his truck and landed on a broken rake. The broken handle of the rake went up as he was coming down and ripped well you know right in half letting what is inside swing in the breeze.

ranger1999 Bob

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
i hate days like that you pick up a shirt and the button falls off , pick up a tool box and the handle falls off... all day long im afraid to go pee

ozzy85

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
2.3 (4 Cylinder)
Engine Size
2.3L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
2WD
Total Lift
None
Total Drop
None
Tire Size
225/75/15
My credo
Yeah... still here.
Jolly. Must be my turn today. Got passed over for promotion, and some 'lil blonde dingaling backed into my 300ZX on the way to the bank... hope the rest of the day doesn't go like this.

lil_Blue_Ford

TRS Forum Moderator
Supporting Member
V8 Engine Swap
TRS 20th Anniversary
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.9L
Transmission
Manual
4Banger said:
Man that sucks. Reminds me of a friend of mine who jumped out off the bed of his truck and landed on a broken rake. The broken handle of the rake went up as he was coming down and ripped well you know right in half letting what is inside swing in the breeze.
Yikes...

Guess my day coulda been a lot worse!

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals