• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

94 4x4 rotor replacement

bnichols04

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Transmission
Automatic
this might sound like a stupid question but here it goes. I have a 94 ranger xlt 4x4 with the auto locking hubs and i can't figure out how to get the front rotors off the replace them.

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
you need to take the wheel bearings apart.

pull the wheel, brake caliper and hub off. you'll see a large nut on the end of the spindle. this nut is held in place by a locking key...you'll need a magnet or pick to remove it from the keyway. remove the nut (takes a special socket, but you may be able to devise a way to get it off without). remove the outer wheel bearing...the rotor will now slide off the spindle (dont drop the inner bearing which will probably want to slide off with the rotor).

rickcdewitt

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford
Engine Size
4-0 swap
Transmission
Manual
you pull off the clip,washer and auto hub stuff then use a pick or something to get the little pin out of the slot in the spindle.then the big nut will come off

michowski

Reaction score
1. Take the tire off
2. take the hub off
3. Remove the snap ring from the end of the spindle shaft
4. Remove the axle shaft spacer
5. Carefully remove the tan plastic cam assembly off
6. Take out the lock key then remove the wheel bearing nut (2 3/8 socket)

Now the rotor will come off. If you want I can scan in pictures of this from my haynes book. It only takes about 3 minutes to get the rotor off. Just take your time and set everything in order from the way you took it off so that way when its time to put it all together you got everythingin the right order.
________
marijuana vaporizers

Last edited:

MAKG

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
you pull off the clip,washer and auto hub stuff then use a pick or something to get the little pin out of the slot in the spindle.then the big nut will come off
Just use a magnetic pickup tool. It's not EVEN worth screwing around with a pick. A magnet will take it right out.

93240sx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ford,ford,nissa
Engine Size
2.3 ,4.0 ,2.5
Transmission
Manual
i know this is an old post but i repacked my bearings and when i put everything back together i had to hit in the little key way slightly to get the plastic cam on all the way, now my hub is hot for some reason and i cant even get the little piece out to loosen the nut on the spindle. has anyone else had this problem and how can i get this out i have picked at it with a little screwdriver and a magnet is out of the question can anyone help me out
thanks eric

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals