• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

brakes and ABS lights on

alpac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4l
Transmission
Automatic
Hi,
For the last 2 weeks both brakes and ABS lights on my Ranger 1990 are on when I press the brakes. It started 2 weeks ago with the brakes light flashing sometime only when braking hard. Now it is every time I brake and both brake and ABS lights show. I replaced rear drums and shoes this week-end and checked the front brakes and they look good. The fluid level is ok but I still get both lights when I brake. The master cylinder was replaced 2 years ago and there is no leak.
Any suggestion where this issue could come from?
Thanks a lot

alpac

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4l
Transmission
Automatic
OK well I finally found where the problem was coming from. There was a bad contact at the master cylinder level check connector. I took it out, cleaned the contact and put it solves both the red brake light and the ABS light issues. Looking for the origin of the problem I found out that the red brake warning light is constantly monitored by the Rear Anti-lock Electronic Control Module. If the red light illuminates, the anti-lock electronic control module will disable the ABS system. Therefore, solving any base brake problems illuminating the red brake warning light often solves the ABS perceived issue.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Members online

No members online now.

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Latest posts

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals