• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

ABS light comes on after using 4low?

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
I have never had anything as new as my 99 Ranger an am not used to all the bells an whistles so forgive me if its a stupid question.

Had to pull a tree out of the road today, so I put it in 4low an pulled it outta the way no issues. Noticed the Abs light had came on when I started spinnin the tires as I was pulling the tree. The light turned off soon after I was back in 2wd an driving.

Few hours later Im on a dead end skid road an turning around. I again put it in 4 low an end up having to wheel my way around an back down the road as it was a slick slimy mess due to the snow melt. ABS light came on again an didnt go off for a few miles.

Is this normal or anything to worry about? Any ideas?

thanks Steve

Wicked_Sludge

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3-point-GO
Transmission
Manual
as long as it only comes on after spinning the tires, your alright.

your vehicles computer is noticing the speed difference between the 4 wheels and thinks one tires is is skidding, but its not able to unlock the slow tire (mainly due to it not being locked up in the first place :icon_thumby:).

we run into this all the time when we have to run a vehicle up to speed while on a lift.

mud_bogger

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
ranger
Engine Size
Transmission
Automatic
Ok thanks
figured I better ask anyways.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals