• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

15 x 8 " wheels with 275/60's on Gen 1 Ranger?

Black P-38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Rover 4.0 Aluminum V8 swap
Transmission
Manual
I have been driving myself crazy researching an affordable wheel/tire combo for my Gen 1 2wd Ranger. I think I have decided on a set of 15 x 8" American Racing Outlaw 1 wheels, (5 on 4 1/2), with Toyo Proxes S/T's in a 275/60-15 size.

Anyone know if these will fit? The rims have a 3.75" back space, the tires are 28" diameter with an 11" overall width. I'm about to buy a wheel and tire to see if it will fit but hope someone has experience with a tire/wheel combo of similar size. The truck is not lowered but I may drop the rear a couple inches to level it out a bit.

I have the S/T's on my '94 Lightning in a 275/60-17 and love them, in fact, I'm about to buy my 3rd set.

Thanks for your help guys!
Mike

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
I have been driving myself crazy researching an affordable wheel/tire combo for my Gen 1 2wd Ranger. I think I have decided on a set of 15 x 8" American Racing Outlaw 1 wheels, (5 on 4 1/2), with Toyo Proxes S/T's in a 275/60-15 size.

Anyone know if these will fit? The rims have a 3.75" back space, the tires are 28" diameter with an 11" overall width. I'm about to buy a wheel and tire to see if it will fit but hope someone has experience with a tire/wheel combo of similar size. The truck is not lowered but I may drop the rear a couple inches to level it out a bit.

I have the S/T's on my '94 Lightning in a 275/60-17 and love them, in fact, I'm about to buy my 3rd set.

Thanks for your help guys!
Mike
I would say you might be able to but the tire might be sort of tall for a 2wd, but not completely sure because i have a 4x4 that had 30 inch tires with no lift. If they don't fit you could put a 1" coil Spacer up front and get it aligned so they don't wear, the back tires should be fine though.

Black P-38

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
'91
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Rover 4.0 Aluminum V8 swap
Transmission
Manual
Wow, 30's with no lift... that's a pretty tall tire. My Gen I Lightning has 30" diameter tires and they still look big to me... for a stock suspension pavement cruiser.

I was fairly sure the 28" diameter would fit on the back but worried about the front.

I will probably run some taller/ stiffer springs up front with the V-8 swap so I'm hoping the tires will clear everything when turning. I like to keep the same size all around for good handling and tire rotations.

THANKS!
Mike

Original_Ranger84

TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1984, 1999
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
2.8L, 3.0L
Transmission
Manual
Yeah Thinking about it a 28"-29" tire is probably the biggest you would want to go with a 2wd. That would be a 235/75/r15.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals