• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Brad's '99 Ranger Build

bdillard77

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
3.0 V6
Transmission
Automatic
Well where do I start??? I've been on here for about a year or so and I've finally decided to make my own build thread. :D

Now, much hasn't changed so don't bash me. Lol. I've done some things to it but not much. Here we go!

First few pics I took of it

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/members/bdillard77-albums-my-99.html

One of the first things I did to it was put stickers on it...At the time I thought it was cool but I removed them after awhile

Just to add to it because it has pics of the stickers on it, I got stuck in my own yard. Lol

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/vehicle-snapshots/80750-i-got-stuck.html

Now this happened after I put the stickers on sometime and it was that I was sideswiped in Rome, GA while heading to school at UWG with my girlfriend.

So I was then given this to drive as a rental but I was told to drive my brother's car to school instead. :(

After this, I painted the front valence and rear bumper trim

Before

After

Shortly after this, I let my brother drive it and noticed I had a busted grille after he drove it. He said he hit a chicken. Thanks bro! So he got me a new grille and I cut up my old one. Also, I bought some clear corners for it.

Then I tried fixing my center console

http://www.fordrangerforum.com/interior-tech/82368-center-console.html

Now after my Fall and Spring semester at school, I kept noticing that my truck was loud and it ran like total "ISH". Come to find out, I had two misfiring cylinders resulting in getting both heads replaced and fixed and losing about $1000 in our pockets.

Here's a video of it when it looked to be spitting oil out of the tailpipe

Shortly after that, my brother bought a toolbox for his Frontier but come to find out it didn't fit so he gave it to me

After that, I decided to paint the surround of my grille and take the clear corners off. I still haven't decided what am gonna do with 'em yet.

Shortly after this, I took my cousin's grille and stupid me didn't load it properly so it fell out of my truck and damaged my bed something awful. :(

From a distance

Recently, I decided to buff and wax the surface scratches off the best I can but its still gonna result me getting the bed painted because its down to the bare metal and plus the passenger side has rust developing

Most recent (7/27/13), I ordered some '06 tails from 1991fordranger

That pretty much sums it up but I still have plans.

Future plans:

1) PAY IT OFF! Lol
2) Get the bed repainted
3) Possibly some Expo seats, center console and OHC
4) Line-X (or some type of roll on liner)
5) 6000k Heads and Fogs HID kit
6) LEDs (HVAC/Gauge, Lights, etc.)
7) Bed-rail and tailgate caps
8) Maybe lift it??? Idk yet though
9) Maybe swap the front bumper for a 2004-2005 Edge bumper
10) Maybe '01-'03 conversion

If you have any ideas or concerns, let me know.

Thanks for viewing my thread! :D

Last edited:

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals