• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

tires

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i just bought a 91 ford ranger supercab 4x4, my prob is that im 16, and i need a tire that will last for awhile but will grab off road, i mainly drive my truck to school, and work during the week, and from friday after school, till sunday night im in the woods wheelin, i mainly do mud, but its basically what ever comes my way on the trail, which in my area, we have alot of clay deposit, almost like georgia, i think it is, but not as bad, so i was thinking swompers, but there to soft, and then i was thinking bfg's but i dont like there tread pattern, but i will go that route, and i was thinking the toyo open country m/t, but when i see those on trucks around town it seems they have a soft compound too, so the i was also thinking the cooper discoverer stt m/t's, which is what i like the most, and later on im gonna buy some pitbulls, for my truck. or does ne one think i should buy pitbulls now, oh yeah and the tires now are 31's, later im going to up grade to 33's :icon_thumby: ... hope for some replys

Muddycowboy

GOT MUD?
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
BFG a/t's excelent onroad (65K) desent off

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah and i cant have a tire, that not a m/t, im just lookin to know what m/t's got the longest lift, over traction

97BlackBetty

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Man if your 16 and looking for something cheap that will grab offroad, go down to Wally World and get yourself a set of Dunlop M/T's.

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
i dont need nothing cheep really, i have a job that pays, $10.00 an hour, so money is no problem, but i think im gonna get some cooper discoverer stt's

Kona

06/2014 OTOTM Winner
Canada Military - Veteran
OTOTM Winner
ASE Certified Tech
Ham Radio Operator
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
4.0 V6
Engine Size
4.0L
Transmission
Manual
2WD / 4WD
4WD
Total Lift
7"
Tire Size
35x12.50x15
Bigfoot X/T 's , just bought a set seem to work good in the mud, my buddy has been running a set for a year (light use ) and they seem to hold up well. After all that of course I have no idea if you have Big O in your area! http://www.bigo.com/item.asp?id=201

mhughes165

V8 Engine Swap
Solid Axle Swap
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
on a ranger the goodyear MTR's are soem WICKED tires, buddy had a 94 2wd ranger on 32" mtr's went almost everywhere my 87 on 32" boggers went and he got 80k miles out of them too

swynx

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Mazda
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
yeah i dont think i have big o in my area

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Members online

Today's birthdays

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Shran
April Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals