• Welcome Visitor! Please take a few seconds and Register for our forum. Even if you don't want to post, you can still 'Like' and react to posts.

Is it Appropriate?

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
Should the first thing you ever shoot at with a new pistol is a beer can you just drank the beer out of?

I'm thinking it's like the first deer where you get it's blood on your face. Or a pointer gets to eat the first quail head he retrieves. Or the old west Indians eating the warm heart of a buffalo they killed.

85_Ranger4x4

Forum Staff Member
TRS Event Staff
TRS Forum Moderator
Article Contributor
V8 Engine Swap
OTOTM Winner
TRS Banner 2010-2011
TRS 20th Anniversary
VAGABOND
TRS Event Participant
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Type
V8
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
I do not think it is a great idea to mix alcohol and firearms. :fie:

I was at a bacheler party last summer, basically just shooting clays with pizza. I was very impressed that everybody waited until they were done shooting to break out the liquid refresment. :icon_thumby:

The Jester Race

OTOTM Winner
Solid Axle Swap
TRS Banner 2012-2015
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
1987, 2009
Make / Model
Ford, BMW
Engine Size
2.9, 4.0
Transmission
Manual
If you can't be safe with a gun after a drink or two, you shouldn't be drinking, or handling firearms, or both.

Generally I don't mix guns and alcohol, but there have been times I've had to handle firearms while inebriated(at home or while camping).

When I go shooting specifically, I don't drink or bring any alcohol. My rule is, for people I take shooting, once you start drinking, you're done shooting. Period.

-Jester

robertc1024

TRS Banner 2010-2011
Reaction score
Vehicle Year
nada
Make / Model
Ford
Engine Size
Transmission
Manual
It was meant as a joke fellas. I actually went to south TX to go quail and dove hunting. The drought for the last few years has been horrific on the quail population. It is one of the few places in the US with wild quail anymore. We took a couple of pointers and setters out for several hours each morning and never saw a bird. On Friday, we said - screw it, let's go dove hunting. It was a hunt of a lifetime. Doves were coming in slowly at first, maybe groups of 5-6, then there were 15-20, then there were swarms of them. I've been doing this for 25 years and have never seen anything like it. It was like the legendary dove hunts in Mexico or Argentina. Yesterday morning, my FIL and my wife's godfather went quail hunting - again - and I just hung out at a tank and killed 5 doves. We went back yesterday afternoon and I killed 7 more (my limit) in ~20 minutes. Then I shot my pistol - at a cactus. Then I drank a beer.

heptofite

Reaction score
Vehicle Year
Make / Model
Ford Ranger
Engine Type
2.3 EcoBoost
Transmission
Automatic
2WD / 4WD
2WD
The first gun you ever shot a deer with is special to you, in an entirely different way than the first gun you ever shot yourself with is also special.

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Staff online

Member & Vendor Upgrades

For a small yearly donation, you can support this forum and receive a 'Supporting Member' banner, or become a 'Supporting Vendor' and promote your products here. Click the banner to find out how.

Truck of The Month

Kirby N.
March Truck of The Month

Recently Featured

Want to see your truck here? Share your photos and details in the forum.

Follow TRS On Instagram

TRS Events

25th Anniversary Sponsors

Check Out The TRS Store

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Sponsored Ad

Amazon Deals